The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Apocalypse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aagrawal_2000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of aagrawal_2000
Have any of you heard of this book(s) by Harry Lorayne? I've been hearing lately that many people use his books and I was wondering if they have anything spectacular in them. Also, there seem to be a lot of volumes. Are any of the volumes better than the others, or are they all worth getting?
Thanks in advance for replies,
Aagrawal
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
The Apocalypse is actually a compilations of the magazine over a period of 20 years. Each vol consists of 5 years.

There are many types of magic covered from cards to coins to everday objects etc. I have all 4 vols and I have not finished reading vol 1 yet. I like it and recommend it.
Bernard Sim
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Try Vol 1...probably the best of the lot.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27106 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Aagrawal, Apocalypse was an amazing magazine that started at just the right time to catch both the Roth original material and the evolution of the next generation of close up magic.

There are really three generations of magic represented in that magazine. Sol Stone's generation with Ken Krenzel and Ed Marlo, David Roth's generation and the next generation which was fortunate enough to have been inspired by both.

There is an index online somewhere. Have a look at the names. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
aagrawal_2000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of aagrawal_2000
Well, I guess the next question is... Where can I find the first two volumes? I heard that they were out of print!
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
"Apocalypse" is highly recommended, but there's a high proportion of cards and coins (not surprisingly), and a fairly high proportion of not-for-the-beginner stuff. Some very strong material tucked away.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Apocalypse (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL