The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Quit Smoking DVD (David Stone) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Has anyone bought/seen this DVD yet? Is it good?
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I saw the demo for this and it is killer. His torn and restored cigarette is amazing. I am not sure if it is a teaching video though.

Lee
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
All I have to say to this is wow. WOW. This is phenomenal. I've been doing cig magic for a long time using Rocco's and others techniques, but Stone's routine and effects are blow away. David Stone has once again separated himself. His videos are always phenomenal. He has very few videos, but they are invaluable. This one will blow your mind. When we got it in the shop and I put it in for a demo, it really felt like I was a layman again, and that's a good feeling I haven't had for a while. It's fast paced in your face close-up magic.
And unlike his first DVDs, he actually speaks in English instead of being dubbed over, which is nice.

Two TT up.

Joey Brummett
Fort Myers Magic
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
Stone is amazing. I went out to a bar with him one night in NYC and he did this routine. Blew everyone away. It has been published before in Channel One Magazine and in his lecture notes, but the video gives a great perception of the timing and presentation involved. Well worth the price.
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
It's a good routine, but like Chris Smith mentioned in his Magicsmith Update, it feels a lot like Greg Wilson's Re-Cap routine. Aside from the initial torn and restored cigarette aspect, the vanishes and transpositions are very similar in both routines. So you can either choose between cigarettes and a lighter or a pen that has a cap. Strong routines either way.
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Hmmm I think I'll stick with Re-Cap, since I don't smoke anyway.
lllmagic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lllmagic
Stone is amazing. There are a lot of other techniques out there but these his are more practical. Especially his stand up versions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Quit Smoking DVD (David Stone) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL