The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Presentational ideas for the enchanted cube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Hello everyone,

Since a couple of months I own an enchanted cube.
I think the cube lends itself to some very nice presentational ideas. I myself link the cube to problem solving in everyday life, looking at problems from different viewpoints, etc, etc.

I like Garrett Thomas' presentation for his speedcube as well.
I was wondering what presentations, storylines, etc, you guys have come up with for this wonderful item?

Regards
Simon
Magicnevets
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
56 Posts

Profile of Magicnevets
Hi Simon,
I start off by saying "did you know that it too Professor Rubik 3 months to solve his own prototype cube" (which is true by the way).
Regards,
Steven
I don't perform illusions... it just looks like I do!
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I tell the story about my brother-in-law. My sister gave him a cube one Christmas and he spent almost 9 months to solve it. Like many who solve the cubes on their own, they really don't like it when you mess the cube up since it might take them a long time to fix it up again. So when I visited my sister and her family the next Christmas, I picked up his cube and noticed that it was scrambled. I laughed a bit since I knew that Clay, my nephew, 5 at the time, probably scrambled the cube and my brother-in-law couldn't yell at his innocent son. I looked at my brother-in-law, my sister, and my nephew and smiled and said, I know how to solve these things pretty quickly. Even though it wasn't true at the time, I now add the line "It's amazing what you can learn on the Internet".

I then said to them, want to time me? Ready, set, go. After a few twists I just say, this is taking too long, throw the cube up and catch it solved.

These days, it's important to switch out for a real cube since it is rare enough that folks will want to play with the cube. At first I would just scramble the cube and hand it out, but a friend who could actually solve the cube discovered the gaff.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
HDVizio
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of HDVizio
I would love to know if anyone has any tips / suggestions / ideas on how to switch one rubik's cube for another. I am thinking about handing out a genuinely mixed up cube for examination and then switching it for an enchanted cube to "solve" so it can be handed out for examination. Any help would be most appreciated!

Matt
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Put many things in a box, things that you can do in less than 30 seconds...light a match, sharp a pencil...and casually found a Rubik cube there...
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Luis Vega
View Profile
New user
Leon Guanajuato Mexico
74 Posts

Profile of Luis Vega
What is an enchanted cube?

maybe I have seen before..but I didn`t know the name...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22245 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-06-03 19:33, Luis Vega wrote:
What is an enchanted cube?

maybe I have seen before..but I didn`t know the name...

Go got Google, enter "enchanted cube magic" all the information you could want will be available to you.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
What's Google?
Timothy Dowd
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
My handling:
The current world record is just over 7 seconds, alternatively the record for solving the Rubik Cube blindfolded is just over 30 seconds. Tonight for your entertainment I will attempt to set a new world record... no one has solved the puzzle with only one eye blindfolded (put on a eyepatch)... Ready, Set, Go... this might take some time... what? you're getting bored? OK (throw the cube up in the air and catch) after all, I am a magician... (bow for rapturous applause)... dissapear into toppit/servant/geko (just kidding)... next effect

this is the bare bones... plenty of chance for theatricals, audience participation, pirate jokes etc. use your own personality...
Timothy Dowd
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I never understood the craze behind this thing. It's not at all difficult; just peel the stickers off and put 'em back on in order.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Quote:
On 2010-06-04 05:35, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
I never understood the craze behind this thing. It's not at all difficult; just peel the stickers off and put 'em back on in order.

Should we be exposing this secret on an open forum?

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Presentational ideas for the enchanted cube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL