The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Danny Archer leaving the Magicians Lecture Network (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
I started the Magicians Lecture Network back in 1995. The basic idea was a way to help connect magic groups looking for lectures with the very best lecturers in the magic community. The idea proved to be a welcome addition to both sides, and for the past twelve years the Magicians Lecture Network has booked thousands of lectures and convention appearances all over N. America.

I have also been fortunate, to be a lecturer myself, and I have enjoyed traveling and sharing my own instructional performances with many clubs and conventions in the US and abroad.

Starting in 2001, the very talented lecturer and performer, John Luka from Detroit, came aboard and worked with me to handle and book the lecture tours. John has been a very welcome addition to the staff and a pleasure to work with.

As of September 1st, 2007, I will be stepping down as the Magicians Lecture Network president and John will be taking over as the man in charge. John can be contacted at JohnLukaMagic@aol.com, or by phone at 313-291-4041.

I feel sad to be leaving a company I started, but pleased with the work I have accomplished. The reasons for my leaving are positive. An increased performance and travel schedule, along with running two annual conventions, in addition to being a husband and father, will not allow me to continue doing the work as it needs to be done. I am not leaving the magic scene and will be appearing at conventions and lecturing in 2008.

I would like to thank all the magic clubs, groups and magic shops around the world, as well as the performers themselves, for working with me to spread and share the Magic throughout the conjuring community.

Watching a lecture can be entertaining, educational as well as inspirational and I encourage everyone interested in magic, to attend magic lectures and work on becoming a better performer.

I hope everyone will join with me in helping John carry on the very valuable service of arranging quality magic lectures.

Your Friend in Magic,
Danny Archer
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I know John will do a great job as you did Danny. Congradulations on the many years of handling the network.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Thanks Danny, for what you have done for magic over the past 12 years. You've helped more people than you will ever know.

Good luck with your own lecture circuit and getting to spend more time with the family.

Mark. Smile
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Thanks Danny

You have helped many many performers including myself. Great job!
Ken
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
I would like to take the time to publicly thank Danny for his kind words and for being the good friend that he is. I never considered working for Danny to be a job. It was really a lot of fun. Danny is a great guy to work for. As a bonus we turned out to become good friends.

I am excited about keeping the Magicians Lecture Network going. I am even more excited that Danny's magic career is moving to the next level. I truly hope his career takes off, big time. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Good luck, Danny! You deserve it!

John Luka
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Thanks for all the kind words my friends...
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
Hi Danny

I really enjoyed your lecture at our Ring 50 meeting. I am glad that you are still going to be on the lecture circuit. You have a lot of great material!

John
The real magic is family!
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Thanks John,

Just heard from Ring 50 and the next time I'm on the East Coast I hope to be able to stop by again...
ChuckHickok
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of ChuckHickok
Danny helped me get started in "lecturing" His advise was invaluable.

He helped me get to right clubs and magic organizations.

I wish him nothing but success in his venture.

Chuck Hickok
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Danny Archer leaving the Magicians Lecture Network (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL