The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » "PaperClip" Impromptu Ideas??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1183 Posts

Profile of Salby
I wasn't too sure where to post this (Move it if it needs to)

I found these Jumbo PaperClips at my local Wal-mart... Any ideas what I can do with these in a Magical Sense?? These PaperClips are fully functional like any other PaperClip and looks just like a regular-sized PaperClip.

Click here to view attached image.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
The obvious one that comes to mind is to get a large jumbo bill and do the linking paper clip thing that we all learned from the Rice Crispy Box when we were 5. I kid, but I still use that bit when doing anything with Project Magic.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
A while back I did a semi-impromptu trick with three different colored clips.
I asked someone to name a color of one of the unlinked clips.
Tossing them in the air they came down linked and the color named was in a certain position in the chain.
The linking part would be OK with the big clips and if you use three different size clips they could name a size. PM me if curious.

Using a clip instead of a banknote for 'Traveling Cash' would work. You could use elastic larger than normal.

A matrix or 'Chink-a-Chink' that begins with small clips and ends with a large one might be workable.

Spellbound type changes should work too.
mentalv
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of mentalv
Make them grow and change sizes and colors
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1183 Posts

Profile of Salby
Thanks for the tips. Jazz, I'd like to know more about have the selected clip be in between the other 2.

If anyone is interested in getting these, check your local Wal-mart in the Stationary Department. They are sold for $1 to $2 for a package of 15 Jumbo PaperClips. PM me if you cannot find them and are interested. I can check to see if my store still has them in stock and I can send them to you for the price and shipping and handling.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
463 Posts

Profile of TKD27
They'd make a good impromptu coin clip. Slide it on your back pocket, load it with a half dollar or whatever, then you're ready to easily steal it when you need it Smile
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Quote:
On 2007-08-23 22:23, TKD27 wrote:
They'd make a good impromptu coin clip. Slide it on your back pocket, load it with a half dollar or whatever, then you're ready to easily steal it when you need it Smile

I recently saw Jason Andrews use this Idea to great avail.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
criverstamu09
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of criverstamu09
There is a really excellent metal bend with a paper clip.
"Who you are moment to moment is just a story."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Carl Andrews has a routine that uses the jumbo clip.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » "PaperClip" Impromptu Ideas??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL