The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Most Influential Magicians of the Century (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
oddsmaker
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of oddsmaker
I honestly don't see how Copperfield isn't number one, Would he not be considered the most succesful magician in history?
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
The list is about influential, not succes
CyrusTX
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of CyrusTX
This is a strange list. Most Influential to WHOM? Magicians? The layman? To promote the artform?

The list doesn't say who it is influencing. David Copperfield, being on TV, has done more to influence the layman's perception of the artform than many of the others on the list.

I, however, have learned more from reading Dai Vernon than anything Copperfield has taught me.
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
The lists title is:

"Those who affected the most the art in America".
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-10-08 21:12, mtpascoe wrote:

Can Blaine and Angel be considered influential? It depends on in what manner. Do they bring people in magic shops to buy? No. Are they recognizable? Yes. Their fan base is like a cult following. I see people with Chriss Angel pendants who are not even conjurers. They are just fans.

What do you base that assumption on? Do you work in a magic shop? I don't, but I hang around one quite a bit. I hear people call in or drop by asking how they can learn the various tricks they saw Blaine and/or Angel do on their shows.

They also cause people to buy DVD's. Why else do you think that the Balducci levitation and all it's variations were released on DVD?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-01-06 14:38, clynim wrote:
I'm really surprised that Mark Wilson didn't make the list. More of his books on learning magic have been sold than Tarbell's. He and Tarbell have brought many a young man into the fraternity that is magic.

What is your source for this titbit of information?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Proving once again, lists suck.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Most Influential Magicians of the Century (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL