The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Probably been asked before. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Is there a way to go to a post that is somewhere in the middle of long topics? By that I mean... lets take "Penny for your thoughts" as an example. Is there anyway I can start out by looking at post page #50 besides going through one at a time?

thanks
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Take a look at the URL when you enter a topic. The last number indicates the starting point of that page. Go to the next page. See a difference in the URL? Multiply that difference by the number of pages you want to jump and alter the URL accordingly.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I just checked. When you go to page two of a thread, the URL ends with "start=30"

So, with thirty messages to a page, you can jump to page 5 by changing the url to end with "start=150"
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5170 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Most topics have less than 250 posts. When you go to Penny for example and look at the topic title you are interested in, you see the number of pages listed for that topic. Just click on the number and you'll go directly to that page. No math is required. There are exceptions to this. If there are more than 250 replies, then you'll see pages 1,2,3...68,69,70 for example. In those case, which are few, use the formula Dave described.
Where the magic begins
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Thanks for trying to help here. But I may have worded my question wrong.

When going to lets use "Penny for your thoughts " again. It has 0ver 200 pages of topics. I would like to just browse through the topics and click on the ones that interest me. Now page one starts and it lists maybe 1,2 3, 138, 139 140. So how can I start browsing at lets say page 50. Maybe you explained this but I am a little confused. Sorry if I do not understand your explanation..
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5170 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
In your example, when you click on the topic you are interested in, go to page 2. In the address bar at the top of the page, you'll see the address ends with "30". If you want to go to page 50, multiply 30 times 48 because you are already on page 2. That will give you 1440. Change the 30 to 1440 and enter. This will bring you to page 50.

As I said, if there are less that 200 or so pages in the topic, you'll see the page numbers already listed under the topic title and you can just click on that number.
Where the magic begins
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Thanks. I got it now.

Thanks for your patience.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Probably been asked before. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL