The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bending Card - Guy Bavli (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2020 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Is this any good? Does the audinece actually keep a switch, or the card itself?

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/Magic-T......1226.htm
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
It's not bad, the price is good too.
The audience cannot keep the "actual" card, for the "actual" card contains the gimmick.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1063 Posts

Profile of indomagic
You need a switch same as you do for cig thru card routine.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2020 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I thought so, just making sure. Thanks.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I like this effect and it is easy to do!

Best
Ray Noble
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5697 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Sounds good. Is there a demo vid?

Thanks!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3050 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I have been doing this effect in my walkaround Forever it's incredible to your audience ! Have the card signed face up turn it over concentrate & it bends now place the card in the middle of the deck & it jumps to the top . Wrong card give it a shake face down turn it over & it becomes the signed selected card ! great giveaway ....
Tophatter
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Is this the same as the bending credit card?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3218 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Bending card was put out quite a while ago by Guy Bavli. Its simple to do and a simple mater to "hand" out the card (switch)
Marvelous
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of Marvelous
This concept goes back even further to the 40's by Richard Manning and a version of it was released by Ben Harris which I think was called Gellar Card. The great thing about this effect is once your Bending card starts to wear out you can easily make yourself a replacement. A nice effect for under 15.00 and with unlimited replacements. Can't go wrong there.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Is there a video anywhere? I had the bending credit card but it didn't last long. I am wondering if its the same thing. Thanks.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Marvelous,

You are correct in your history. "Geller Card" appeared in the book "Off The Wall" which is now a Tannens publication. It was also a separate dealer item, supplied with a sample card (1988).

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bending Card - Guy Bavli (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL