The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » "Burning man" - new (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian_M
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Ian_M
Can I present an idea I have?
A man is lit up and keeps burning for, say, 5, 10...30...any time desired, with his clothes turning to ashes.
The only good presentation idea I had: The performer comes to stage on a Harley-Davidson, clad in leather jacket and jeans. Music could be ZZ top, maybe some rock, or even some romantic tunes. A female-assistant, playing some girl, has an accident with a gasoline canister, spilling it all over the performer (yes, the trick IS safe). Then he puts a cigarette in the mouth and asks a girl a fire. Cigarette never burns up, so does the performer (no smoking advertisement:)). And he keeps burning for 10 minutes, until the fire is extinguished (maybe by some girls too). (The boy, the girl, the fire....do you get the methaphor?) Actually it could be done with no apparent clothes (in fire proof pants, of course!) or with clothes turning to ashes, leaving the skin bare (except pants. (actually they can be burnt too, but it's another story)). Do you like?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How is this going to get by the fire/safety code?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
I think that having the female assistant portraying a girl is a stroke of genius.
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
Quote:
On 2007-08-21 23:02, Ian_M wrote:
(The boy, the girl, the fire....do you get the methaphor?)

I try never to use meth. It leads me to post pie-in-the-sky illusion descriptions on the Internet. Smile
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Frankly, I do not like it - too much of a risk
Cards never lie
Sandwichical
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix
134 Posts

Profile of Sandwichical
What, meth? I agree completely.
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I wonder what happend to the poster . .
Cards never lie
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I'm sorry I do not get the entertainment value from watching someone burn for 10 minutes?!?! Where is the magic? Is it really magic that the clothes turn to ash and he doesn't, there would be no way to do this full stop unless the fire wasn't on him but in front of him, that could work, but why would you want to waste 10 mins on stage portraying that?
Vince_the_vince
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Vince_the_vince
Be carefull though...you always need fire man when you use fire!!! You won't be able to do this anywhere!
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
Instead of 10 minutes, how 'bout 4 seconds. And instead of just a fire, how about a TORNADO OF FIRE?! Yeah!
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
Attan
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Attan
How can people NOT think this is interesting??? Someone's got a safe way to burn for ten minutes ending up with all clothes burned but unharmed and people don't think it's cool enough?!? I find it hard to believe that this can actually be done, but if it's possible it would be amazing.
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
The idea is nice, but at some point along the ten minutes you lose entertainment value. It's gonna be obvious trickery instead of something entertaining. You need to either shorten the burning, or keep the audience's attention somehow.
Attan
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Attan
Within that ten minutes of burning you could of course do something else. Dance, talk, play a movie if you can't move during the trick, whatever. But of course ther's plenty of ways to use ten minutes of burning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » "Burning man" - new (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL