The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » card at finger tips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

invisible inc
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of invisible inc
Does Julianna Chen have any information or resources on her manipulation methods? I have tried everything to no avail. I'm at classic manipulation of card fans , back and front palming and wish to extend my repertoire. Any help is gratefully accepted. Smile
the hand is quicker than the eye unless the guillotine was faulty
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I'll PM you with the technique. This would normally be discussed in the Secrets Session but you don't have the required 50 posts to enter it yet.
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of kipling100
Personally, I don't like those productions. I don't know, what do you guys think?
Deucemc
View Profile
Regular user
originally Honolulu, Hawaii
116 Posts

Profile of Deucemc
kipling100,
Have you seen her shoot cards? She shoots two at a time. I think with one finger. I don't know how it's done, and till this day I haven't figured it out. You have to admire the skill of that move.

What kind of card manipulations do you like?
You talked about deep back palming, have you seen Peter Marvey's card manips? Still, I haven't found out how he's done that. Could anyone help?

Thanks.
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of kipling100
I do admire her skills shooting cards, her hands must be very strong. I just feel that they don't look clean and appear more like she's doing just what she appears to be doing - flicking cards from a stock in her hand, which seems more of a juggling move. I never really liked front hand productions where the cards end up clipped awkwardly at the tips of the fingers—it seems too telling to me. Anyway, that's just my opinion, and I'm sure many will disagree. But I do admire her skill for sure.

So I'm guessing that Marvey's production was a deep backpalm, but not sure. I'm thinking when the tips of the cards are painted similar to the background, the card doesn't have to be held THAT deep, which allows for easy retrieval. What do you think?
Backroomboy
View Profile
Regular user
David
114 Posts

Profile of Backroomboy
Not only is Julianna talented, but she is gracious and a pleasure to be around. I'd never really had the chance to talk to her, and then we met at Mandrake's memorial service in New Westminster. She was enchanting.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
I like the front hand productions Juliana does. Larry PM'ed me the technique, and I just can't make head nor tail from it.

Maybe I'm destined never to perform this move.

Smile
magicbillk
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of magicbillk
Hey all -

Is Julianna Chen's fingertip card production on the one of the McBride card manipulation videos? I really want to learn that method. If someone could please point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciat it. Thanks!

-Bill
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." -Dunninger

www.magicbillk.com
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
Juliana sells an instructional DVD teaching her techniques called Original Card Shooting; as well as her own manip cards. She can be reached through her website.

http://www.julianachen.com/

Jason Baney
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Invisible,
here are some ideas...Lewis Ganson, Arthur Buckley, Joe Cossari, Huggard. I particularly studied Ganson production with gloves on Like the grand master Cardini. I like the finger tip production better. It shows off the card(s) much better to the audience rather than the standard Cardini were by the card is in the inner palm. If you nee more info let me know, Cordially DonRodrigo.
magicbillk
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of magicbillk
Thank you Jason! I greatly appreciate it!

-Bill
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." -Dunninger

www.magicbillk.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2003-04-05 03:28, Backroomboy wrote:
Not only is Julianna talented, but she is gracious and a pleasure to be around. I'd never really had the chance to talk to her, and then we met at Mandrake's memorial service in New Westminster. She was enchanting.

I second that. Julianna Chen is a class act, period!!! On and off the stage. She is very approachable and humble. Very interested in talking about her act. One of the best all magicians I have ever met.
3mjo
View Profile
New user
Germany
20 Posts

Profile of 3mjo
You can get Juliana Chen's DVD here:
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=6982
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » card at finger tips (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL