The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Telling Tales by Luke Jermay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17489 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Are they still selling this?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1108 Posts

Profile of Chris
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17489 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So this was a limited release four months ago and you haven't sold the 200 copies yet? Or are they selling more? I'm confused.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Who knows lol, but if more are sold than what was stated that would be unfair
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1108 Posts

Profile of Chris
The contingent Luke gave me to sell has not yet been sold. Once I have sold it the ebook will be removed.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Ok now you have my attention Chris.

How many did he give you to sell?

I think that is what most of these Cats want to know.

-Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1108 Posts

Profile of Chris
Jim, it is not appropriate for me to disclose details of business arrangements but Luke has mentioned publicly that he is limiting Telling Tales to 200 copies. I have received a fraction of that to sell.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2007-10-18 18:34, Chris wrote:
Jim, it is not appropriate for me to disclose details of business arrangements but Luke has mentioned publicly that he is limiting Telling Tales to 200 copies. I have received a fraction of that to sell.

Why not just say 5 or 20 or 50? You're selling magic e-books not state secrets, have some perspective.

Of course, it's quite possible that you don't want to give a concrete number because it wouldn't jibe with what Luke would say on the subject (considering he said it was almost sold out two months before you started selling the manuscript).
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Who cares? Enough with the leading questions and implied guilt through speculation. He's acting professionally and no amount of insinuation will goad him into this mud-slinging arena. Got an issue with Luke, deal with him privately. Move on.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2007-10-18 23:25, bekralik wrote:
Who cares? Enough with the leading questions and implied guilt through speculation. He's acting professionally and no amount of insinuation will goad him into this mud-slinging arena. Got an issue with Luke, deal with him privately. Move on.

Hey goofball, not telling how many of a "limited edition" release you have to sell is not "acting professionally."

But nice try though.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I would like to give away my copy of Telling Tales. Whenever I feel I've been taken by purchasing a magic item, I like to get that thing out of my possession. It's bad juju. If anyone wants it, send me a PM and I'll pick someone to give it to later today.
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Chris is professional and runs one of the greatest ebook sites. I'm sure his deal is legit fellows.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2350 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Yeah, Tian_ci, I think that Chris is very upfront about everything and will indeed follow whatever deal he has with Mr. Jermay.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
You guys are missing the point. The question wasn't whether Chris is an honest businessman, the question was whether Luke is selling more of these than he claimed. Considering he came on here months ago and said they were almost gone and then two months later these showed up for sale on multiple websites makes it seem like that's the case.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2350 Posts

Profile of Chris K
I wasn't missing the point, I was responding to Tian's comment.

The issue with the number of releases is a completely different boat. If I actually knew how many were really released, I'd feel comfortable commenting. Does anybody here actually know the number released versus the number announced or is everybody guessing? Guessing is fine, don't get me wrong, I am just curious if anybody has any actual evidence.

Actually, technically, this thread started with a review, did it not? So, technically, isn't everything else missing the point including this post?
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1108 Posts

Profile of Chris
Guys, all I can say is that the quantity Luke gave me for sale is all I am selling and not a single copy more. This I guarantee. I don't feel it is professional to quote the number because it is up to Luke to parcel out the quantities the way he sees fit. If I quote my quantity another dealer might be miffed or vice versa. I don't know every statement Luke made in the past and can therefore not vouch for him directly. But I can say that my dealings with him have always been professional and honest and I have no reason to believe that Luke is trying to pull any tricks here.
Villa
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Villa
"dealings with him have always been professional and honest and I have no reason to believe that Luke is trying to pull any tricks here"

There's a novelty ;-)

Villa
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi,

Wow - this thread continues....!

In any case, Mindcontroller, the Epsiode is called PUSHER from season 3:

http://www.foxhome.com/trustno1/low/epis......ain.html

The waltzing into the FBI HQ using a piece of paper "ID" is what inspired me.

Most of my effects are based on Horror/SF/Fantasy film/TV/radio/books... so much is there!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-10-19 11:08, Magicsquared wrote:
I would like to give away my copy of Telling Tales. Whenever I feel I've been taken by purchasing a magic item, I like to get that thing out of my possession. It's bad juju. If anyone wants it, send me a PM and I'll pick someone to give it to later today.

Out of curiosity, to whom did you give the item? Did anyone even PM you for it? Will you even say, or would that bring worse juju?

Arnon
(follow-up researcher on bad juju item and psychological effect of "bane branding" on Café members; smiley intentionally omitted for purposes of this inquiry)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Telling Tales by Luke Jermay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL