The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Telling Tales by Luke Jermay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Dr Spektor, maybe this would interest you too..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Messing

mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey cool! Thanks Mescalito!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
nboisen
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of nboisen
Dr. Spektor,

Thanks for your wonderful suggestion about the "classy" way of performing this trick: pre-paying and just walking with a "It's taken care of" if questioned, leaving your guests with a wonderful impression, speculating on your foresight and marvelling at your kindness. What better way to make a good impression!

Also, excellent point about seeming to "rip off the joint" if the effect is performed without reversing it at the end by paying via credit card. A lesson in basic magical ettiquette and an important reminder to consider the subtle implications of an effect about the magician's moral character.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Thanks Nboisen - I try... I try... Smile!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Brucelee
View Profile
New user
Master of Nun-Chuckin'
70 Posts

Profile of Brucelee
Telling Tales is amazing in my opinion. Google Google is actually really good if you can present it correctly. Big Spender is also really good, but I only perform it occassionally for obvious reasons to the owners. I definitely recommend this book.

Brucelee
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey BL, did you buy it for $40?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Brucelee
View Profile
New user
Master of Nun-Chuckin'
70 Posts

Profile of Brucelee
No, I didn't. My friend bought it and gave it to me for my B-day.

Brucelee
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yep, it is a great book when it is free! Especially an e-book! Happy holidays!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hey, what happened to the option to delete our posts? I guess this post will have to do, instead.
Brucelee
View Profile
New user
Master of Nun-Chuckin'
70 Posts

Profile of Brucelee
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 10:41, Dr Spektor wrote:
Yep, it is a great book when it is free! Especially an e-book! Happy holidays!


It sure is, happy holidays to you too!

Brucelee
dunlop
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, UK
201 Posts

Profile of dunlop
I don't know if it's the same method, but Derren Brown performs it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vz_YTNLn6w


Nicolas.
phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
Sigh... Luke seems to be a shadow of his own self nowadays. Pardon me for saying but I think I prefer the Luke that I see in the old Skulduggery video rather than the one that wears stained and torn shirt in the new Penguin Magic video. :-/

Too many stories are going around on the Café, Luke.
Brucelee
View Profile
New user
Master of Nun-Chuckin'
70 Posts

Profile of Brucelee
Quote:
On 2007-12-31 07:58, dunlop wrote:
I don't know if it's the same method, but Derren Brown performs it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vz_YTNLn6w


Nicolas.


That is not the same method. Derren, I think, uses some sort of influence. Notice his wonder words of, "just take it."

Brucelee
phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
Quote:
On 2008-01-03 15:46, Brucelee wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-12-31 07:58, dunlop wrote:
I don't know if it's the same method, but Derren Brown performs it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vz_YTNLn6w


Nicolas.


That is not the same method. Derren, I think, uses some sort of influence. Notice his wonder words of, "just take it."

Brucelee


Or, he could be lying about it. Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2008-01-02 23:20, phillys wrote:
Sigh... Luke seems to be a shadow of his own self nowadays. Pardon me for saying but I think I prefer the Luke that I see in the old Skulduggery video rather than the one that wears stained and torn shirt in the new Penguin Magic video. :-/

Too many stories are going around on the Café, Luke.


Are you sure? Maybe not enough stories.... this is about Telling Tales.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Telling Tales by Luke Jermay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL