The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Coppa Silva by Chris Korn - Which Issue? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Hello all, I have been struggling for months to track down which issue of Magic published Chris Korns Coppa Silva routine. My search started in the 'Show me the Money' forums and although I was given some GREAT resources to look research (including leads by Jonathan Townsend, Paul Chosse, Dan Watkins, and even Michael Rubinstein) my original question is still unanswered. SOOOO, here I am in the Magic Magazine forum seeing if anyone can access the Magic database of just knows off the top of their head - In which issue (month and year please) was Chris Korn's Coppa/Silva effect published. Any help would be appreciated and THANKS in advance.

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Newb2
I did a search for "Chris Korn" in the back issues and there were two issues that he was mentioned in Talk About Tricks.

It says October 2001 and March 2002 includes tricks from Chris Korn. Those were the only ones that turned up in the search result. Hopefully it is one of those!
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU Newb2! Its a GREAT place to start!!!

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
If memory serves correct the October issue was a retention pass, the March issue should be Coppa Silva.
Click to visit:
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Coppa Silva is indeed a goodie.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Newb2
It is indeed in March 2002. I believe it is called the Backhanded Transposition in that issue.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Is this the transposition with one coin inside a spectators hand and one on the back of the hand?

If so Geoffrey Latta had a version in one of the very first Richard's Almanac's and I had published a variation in "Strange Happenings" in 1992. My contribution was to change the handling such that the spectator would not perceive you touching them.

Great effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Coppa Silva by Chris Korn - Which Issue? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL