The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Favorite trick with 1 duplicate card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Well I just put one card in one specs hand (say the 10c) and another in the other specs hands (say the 6d), and ham up the patter about something mystical about to happen & get them to turn over their cards. They've swapped places. Maybe this is the David Blaine effect referred to by others above, I don't know - I just know what I do(!)
I have to say, in almost heretical fashion on magiccafe, that I find red hot mamma too long and indirect. But I haven't tried it real world - just in the privacy of my garret; I recognise there's enough praise from all sorts on here raving about it (usually high up in peoples' top 10) to realise its a real worker. Just not to my taste, that's all
mrsmiles
(UK)
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Rope a card for sure.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
There are many great things possible with a duplicate card. Just make something up. The "here then There" ellusionist crap is really just a transposition in a spectators hands (it's a great trick but ellusionist ripped it off). Many transposition tricks are possible.

Try brent braun's "kickback transpo" from his DVD... "Decks, Lies, and Videotape". It's one of my favorite tricks with a duplicate because the card the transposes is face up the entire time. It almost changes when you blink. It's a great use of some Marlo ideas.

Also I believe Derek Dingles torn and restored uses a duplicate. It's out of the book The Complete Works of Derek Dingle. I could be wrong though.

Troy Hoosers got some ideas about duplicates... try DesTROYers... by Joshua Jay

Quote:
ON TOP OF THAT if you have one dup card with a different back (i.e red single card in blue deck or vis-a-versa) you can perform Paul Harris's effect BIZZARE TWIST, eye's pop when the card's back changes color... I love that Smile

I second the Paul Harris effect.. it's a great one and still prominent in my repetiore. John Guastaferro's "Tailspin" is a great routine that utilizes The Bizzare twist in which there is a lot of magic done with the spectators signed card, before the color is changed. It's in his L and L video Brainstorm Vol. 2

Expert Card Technique has an entire section on stranger cards... check that out...it's great stuff.

Good luck
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Derek Dingles Card Assembly.
It is like a coin matrix with cards. It requires one jumbo card(the cover card which could simply be a piece of cardstock), and a duplicate card.
Magic is fun!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Favorite trick with 1 duplicate card (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL