The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Andre Kole (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
I've never had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Kole perform, as I always seem to hear he's been in town a week or two after the fact. Was glad to find his schedule on the web and see he's going to be in town soon. Unfortunately, it looks as if he's only performing in churches this time so I won't be able to attend his show. Maybe next time he will be in a public arena so I can finally go see his show.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
141 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
Why would you not be able to see his show? His shows are almost always public shows, and they very often take place in churches.
Jorge Gonzalvo
View Profile
New user
Spain
71 Posts

Profile of Jorge Gonzalvo
Quote:
On 2002-08-25 19:06, knightmagic98 wrote:
Quote:
On 2002-08-25 17:20, Jorge Gonzalvo wrote:
Did Andre Kole published any book with plans of his illusion?

More than likely not, which illusion are you interested in?

Any kind of collaboration he has developed with Copperfield. I like a lot the "vanishing legs" effect, and I wonder if the apparition and disappearance of David on the beach is from Andre. It seems an effect designed by Kole´s mind.
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
141 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
No, Andre has never published his effects.
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
I am promoting Andre Kole for two shows, Sept. 10 in Sheridan Wyoming and Sept 13 in Billings Montana. If your in the area check him out.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
This Just In:

Andre Kole will be lecturing at The Magic Castle as special guest lecturer for the LA Chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Magicians. Date is November 18th at 7:30PM.

Please email me directly (don't post it to this forum) if you are interested in attending. It will be a 2-hour lecture and Q&A time only, no performance.

Thanks
Joe Marotta
jmarotta (at) pacbell.net
Larry
View Profile
New user
Canada
8 Posts

Profile of Larry
I filmed Andre Kole's illusion show back in the 1970's, with sound, and with his permission. As a hard-core atheistic, science loving, skeptic magician (Randi is God. --Just kidding!) , I nevertheless admire and respect Mr. Kole for his on-stage magic preformance skills, his immense creativity in illusion design, and of course his willingness to let a complete stranger in magic (ME!) film his entire show.

Anyone over 21 wishing to debate what I consider the rather odious issue of gospel magic -- privately -- will find me a willing antagonist. I stick to the issues and do not engage in character assassination, but fair warning-- I take no prisoners! (larry@thornton.net) ---As the saying goes, "No triflers, please!" Smile

"Sacred cows make the best hamburger." - Mark Twain
Jimo
View Profile
New user
Bristol
18 Posts

Profile of Jimo
I saw Andre in a church about 60 miles from my home. Churchs usually WANT people to come that are not members of their particular church---they usually charge for his performances and welcome the attendance as in any other venue. Anyway---If he comes around your area give the church a call and see what the deal is--I wouldn't think it would be a "members only" type of deal.-------------------Cheers!-------Jimo
Steven the Amusing
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco Bay Area
117 Posts

Profile of Steven the Amusing
Wow. I'm late to make this post here, but Andre Kole will be in Los Gatos, California on Wednesday, October 16th. There are still some general admission seats left (I know as I'm the promoter!) See our website at:

http://ring216.tripod.com/slc/AndreKole/andre_kole.html

You can buy tickets ONLINE up until October 10th. There *might* be some tickets available at the door. In fact there are still a FEW odd reserved seats available (single seats and double seats here and there). Send me a private message or e-mail if you want one of these.

Andre is also performing in Redwood City on Friday, October 11th; in Castro Valley on Thursday, October 17th; and in Seaside on Friday, October 18th. See his website for details.
joespuppets
View Profile
New user
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA
16 Posts

Profile of joespuppets
What caught my eye the most after helping with setup at an Andre Kole performance, was the simplicity of the staging and lighting. Yet, it resulted in a show that felt much larger and more elaborate than I expected to see.

Now that is pratical magic!
Joe Dunfee
Lancaster, PA, USA
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
I had the fortune of being an assistant to Mr. Kohl in 1986 while stationed in Fort Polk LA. and that is why I do what I do today. what a class act...

Jeff
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Dont you mean Kolé ? not kohl????
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of trey
I met Mr. Kole in the early 90's. At a Copperfield show. He was just hanging out in the lobby. He was super nice to talk with. And gave me an autograph. Which I still have to this day.

Trey
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Mr Kohl was a German Cancellar. Smile
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
This man must write a book on illusions and creativity .
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Profile of videoman
I am aware that is an old thread but how can so many people misspell a name with only 4 letters?
One guy was even his assistant and worked for him.
I realize the name can be spelled several different ways but please show a little respect and at least pretend like you care. It's not like it would require hours of research, it is in the subject of this thread. Sloppy, sloppy, geesh, drives me nuts I tell ya. And these are usually the same folks who like to claim they pay such close attention to details.
g.albinana
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of g.albinana
An Andre Kole book should be written!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Andre Kole (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL