The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cloud Busting ideas for bizarre magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
327 Posts

Profile of fraughton
Jerome Finley is an old frind of mine. He is a great performer, and I expected that his first book (written with co-author Devin Knight) would be good, but I had not forseen that Cloud Busting Secrets could, potentially, become one of the most powerful pieces of work in a magicians arsenal.

While I certainly (now) consider it as one of the the strongest forms of mentalism, I have been thinking of it as an opportunity for bizarre magic. Consider this: the cloud takes, typically, 2-4 minuted to vanish. The right story preceeding that particular effect could be life changing. You may place your control of nature in any context you wish, rather than simply claiming extraordinary mental psychic power. As a bizarrist, I look for opportunities to tell stories. This effect seems ideal.

Of course, my first thought is to tell the story to the spectators, but you may also speak directly to the cloud and tell it things that make it vanish. That could be a rather disturbing direct link between you and nature in the minds of your audiences.

Perhaps I could pitch (presumably) a new branch of magic: Elementalism

Thanks Jerome and Devin

Any thoughts?
Beware of this and that.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I think it has a lot of potential, which is why I ordered it last week! Tie it in with Rain Maker and you have a new religion.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I have wondered if this effect can somehow be incorporated in a NEUROSPEAK approach and presented in a caleb strange style/ setting... very powerful me thinks, tie it in with the clouds that obscure the mind...almost a type of meditation/ hypnosis trance effect, as the spec concentrates on the cloud you verbally and physiologically lead them into a relaxation of body and mind. You have gotten someone to choose a cloud for all to focus on - force - then they project all their negativity or worries or whathaveyou, into the cloud as you all focus on making the cloud,- aka delusions pains and worries- dissapear. All through NEUROSPEAK...
I could imagine if you were good at impromptu performing - jazz - the skys the limit. LITERALLY. Mix with cold reading based on what the specs see in the cloud.
I could imagine some mentalism effects mixed in as well.
This is on my wish list BELIEVE but I have a ton of books to get through before I reach this one.
I am on the hunt for some stories for you though.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Silvertongue,

What you just described is almost exactly how I perform and present cloud busting. It really is tremendous work, especially as you have approached it.

Michael,

Great to see you around! The idea of cloud busting in tandem with a powerful story is wonderful. I really like the premise of the shaman/mage/elementalist (classic!!!) speaking DIRECTLY to the cloud.

To experience Fraughton performing is an absolute treat! I can't wait to hear the story you weave around cloud busting, my friend!

I'll be in touch,
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Yep! I want this book so bad I can taste it! However, so much has come out recently that I have to do a lot of waiting.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I could imagine Milerepa doing this effect sitting affront his cave - naked and green...
-Shantideva

Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2007-08-26 22:53, Silvertongue wrote:
I could imagine Milerepa doing this effect sitting affront his cave - naked and green...

Ha! I love the image!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
I think he wrote a song about it Smile
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
rinpoche
View Profile
New user
Garden of Earthly Delights
56 Posts

Profile of rinpoche
If you do a search on the word "orgone", you will come up with some information on psychoanalyst Willhelm Reich. He invented a cloudbusting device, and could potentially be a source of historical and pseudo-scientific backstory.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Another of my spiritual inspirations, Carlos Casteneda, had dealings with Cloud Shaman... you might want to research that...
-Shantideva

fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
327 Posts

Profile of fraughton
Excellent suggestions, and great roots for stories. I thought the shaman approach particularly to my liking, and I had no odea Carlos Casteneda specifically had dealings with a cloud shaman.

Thanks.
Beware of this and that.
fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
327 Posts

Profile of fraughton
Excellent suggestions, and great roots for stories. I thought the shaman approach particularly to my liking, and I had no odea Carlos Casteneda specifically had dealings with a cloud shaman.

Thanks.
Beware of this and that.
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cloud Busting ideas for bizarre magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL