The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New arrival (first from Italy?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tomas
View Profile
New user
Italy
8 Posts

Profile of Tomas
Hi everyone

My name is Thomas, I'm from Italy and I've always been interested in magic. Unfortunately in Italy (and therefore in Italian) there are almost no books or videos available and the magic community is not as rich and "responsive" as the English speaking one (not to speak about the prices: one deck of Bicycle is almost triple price, IF you can find it...), so I never got the chance to begin learning, until I decided to start in English (I've been studying magic in English for a while, so much so that I don't even know the Italian names of the moves I make... I even had to adapt many spelling tricks to my language, which has been rather difficult at times...).

Therefore one can say I "discovered" card magic only 6 months ago, watching a video on youtube; since then I've been trying to catch up (I'm 47...), studying accurately what is considered the Bible of card magic (Card College, which I managed to buy 5 months ago) and trying to order only the best books I could find (Expert at the Card Table, Expert Card Technique, Royal Road and so on). Mind you, I'm nothing more than an amateur, but I managed to become relatively good in some of the moves, although I use them only to amaze my friends. Even if I'm not a pro, I always try to follow the cardinal rules of magic (i.e mastering a move or a series of moves in front of the mirror before using it with people, never revealing a trick etc).
One difficulty I found is the suspicious nature of my "public" (friends and acquaintances). Maybe Italians are more suspicious by nature, I don't know: the thing is I can never do anything (such as simply cutting the deck with a flourish, no cheating) without someone asking sharply "why did you do that?". For this reason I'm trying to learn the Classic Pass but I'm afraid books are definively not enough. I managed to find Richard Turner's DVD and I'm currently waiting for The Pass with Randy Wakeman, but I read excellent reviews of "Hacking the Pass", so I discovered The Magic Café and here I am...

Greeting from Italy to everyone

Thomas
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Thomas,
Welcome to the Café and enjoy!
Ted Danger
View Profile
New user
San Francisco/Utila
91 Posts

Profile of Ted Danger
Ciao Thomas,

Welcome to the caf'e. I'm sure we can help you fix your pass here, so it's as invisible as the cosa nostra.... Hey, I'm coming to Italy next year to talk with some folks in Gubbio. Where are you from?

Regards,
Ted
"One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." Albert E.
Tomas
View Profile
New user
Italy
8 Posts

Profile of Tomas
I'm from a village on Lake Como, 2 miles from the Swiss border; also, I live 5 miles from George Clooney's famous villa... noblesse oblige ;-)))
Gordyboy
View Profile
Loyal user
British Columbia, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of Gordyboy
Welcome to the Café.
The Great Gordini

http://www.MagicCanada.ca
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Ciao!

Welcome to the Café!
john_rivav
View Profile
Regular user
Yauco, Puerto Rico
102 Posts

Profile of john_rivav
Welcome to the Café.!! Smile
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1457 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Thomalamo,

welcome to the Café sir.

By the way:

FORZA JUVE!!!

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
You'll find friends here Thomas! You will enjoy your stay!

Andy

:welcome:
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Thomalamo,

I think you made a good choice by starting out with those books. In my opinion, they are a must get for any card workers.

Although I do the pass occasionally, I do not think it is a "must" in card magic, as there are many moves out there that can more or less replace it. Keep looking, and I am sure you will hit gold every once in a while.

Best,
Charles
FORZA MILAN!!!
TheGreatGalling
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of TheGreatGalling
Welcome to the Café, have fun!
Carlo Conjurana
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Carlo Conjurana
Ciao Tomaso

I am also new here and I live in London,but originally from Italy,S.M.al Bagno.

I am sure you will enjoy your stay here as I can see people are friendly.
So I also decided to register.

La Strega
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New arrival (first from Italy?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL