The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bob Neale DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
I picked up Bob Neale's A Celebration of Sides when I was visiting in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. It features Bob and Michael Weber in a really good set of really odd pieces - definitely some bizarre potential because, if you know Bob's stuff, it is just freaky to watch the odd properties of things he comes up with. This culminates with a detailed demonstration of folding the rabbit in the hat bill, something that I highly recommend leaving as a part of your tip at restaurants - you will be revered like a God by the restaurant staff. And if there is any merit to being revered like a God, restaurant staff are a good choice as the benefits are tangible. Definitely a useful thing for a Bizarrist's library and if you are a geek, well, it's mandatory. Bob is a hero among topological puzzlists.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
I agree, Clifford, it's a worth DVD. I'm told it was released as a VHS tape first, but I was away from magic and missed it, so I'm glad that it was re-done in the new format. Aside from the content, which is fun, I was impressed with the setting, lighting, and camera work. So much better than the majority of magic DVDs these days.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Im looking forward to seeing Bob in action on the DVD. I think the brick wall thing from "Magic Mirror" is a very memorable, quirky bit.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
I enjoyed this DVD also. I wrote a review of it for "My Lovely Assistant" several months ago. You can read it here:

http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/index.p......rid=1081
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Is this mentalism, magic or both?
Thanks
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Magic and origami
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
Quote:
On 2007-08-29 20:27, Slim King wrote:
Is this mentalism, magic or both?
Thanks
Dave

There are three items (at least!) that in the right hands, I consider to be reputation builders!
Stories....?....That's telling!
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
It involves building very simple props that do bizarre things that lend themselves well to stories of any ilk, including Bizarre. Some of the pieces are quite puzzling as to their properties so they could lend well to a presentation on the mind, but they are not mentalism tricks per se. Just watching the pieces you go WTF! And so does Michael Weber as he handles the stuff. A lot of these things are real curios and delightful mysteries for your audience to handle as well as concluded by Michael & Bob.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I agree and would recommend all of Bob's books as well. His trick with the tombstone cards is something I think everyone here would enjoy. I believe it's in The Magic Mirror, which he wrote with David Parr. The highlight on the Sides DVD for me was Whatsabox!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bob Neale DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL