The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fun thing to share -magic Genii (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
This would be a fun thread to share,regarding a fantasy ,what 3 wishes would you want if you found a Genii lamp & was grented 3 wishes?

Mine would be:wish #1 world peace wich would involve all helping one another & taking care of the earth so future generations can enjoy it & be happy.
Wish #2 be able to travel in time to share history events to all in person even back to biblical times.
Wish #3 have unlimited income to help out needy organizations,churches,build the museum for the engine club they are planning,help the local comunity centers,habitat for humanity,and manny others.help out some close freinds & family .Even a buddy in NY state.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
#1: A cure to uncurable diseases such as cancer.
#2: world peace (as cliche as it may sound)
#3: Another three wishes? Smile
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
A Big house on the beach, compleete with a pool and jacuzzi.

Filled with all the goodies, food and drinks.

All the Hottest Chicks from the Magic Café, lounging around.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I had a house on the beach, it was horrible. The noise of the surf gets to you eventually and people walk through your yard back and forth and the sand is in everything. Hated it.

1) Health for everyone during their life but in exchange I'd have to limit the number of children people have....no more of this "I've got 11 kids!" stuff, if we can't have illness to prune the population people have to be happy with a couple youngunz to mess up.

2) A ranch up around Tahoe with a trout stream, maybe around Yosemite.

3) To see the look on Justins face when he realizes what some of the 'hottest chicks from the magic Café' have hidden from him.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2007-08-29 13:47, MagicSanta wrote:

3) To see the look on Justins face when he realizes what some of the 'hottest chicks from the magic Café' have hidden from him.

LOL!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2817 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-08-29 11:30, msc455magic wrote:
#1: A cure to uncurable diseases such as cancer.
#2: world peace (as cliche as it may sound)
#3: Another three wishes? Smile

That gets you into an endless time loop where you make the first two wishes over and over again always getting thrown back by that third wish.

Let's not forget that "genies" (D'jinn) were air spirits prone to trick their "owners" by a strict adherence to the letter of the law in the phrasing of the wish.

Or, as Robin Williams observed; "And ix-nay on the wishing for more wishes!"
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
Muckey Spleen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Muckey Spleen
Wish #1: A pint of Guinness that would magically replenish itself when emptied.

Wishes #2 and 3: Two more pints just like the first.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2133 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Immortality with the ability to choose if/when I want to die.

Superpowers

Infinite wishes.

Blue:Col:
Psy-Kosh
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
135 Posts

Profile of Psy-Kosh
First, assume that I can verify that this thing isn't a monkey's paw style wish granter. If I can't verify that, the wisest course of action may be to put it in a cubic meter of concrete and then drop that into the middle of the ocean...

Assuming the genii was at least well meaning, I'd want to take a long time thinking about it.

But a good start may be to wish for a huge increase in intelligence and wisdom, and the strength to act upon it. (alternately, something in the spirit of "I wish for whatever wish I would have wished if I was far smarter and wiser and kinder than I am now/a mere human..."

Alternately "I wish you to compute the CEV (Coherent Extrapolated Volition) and implement it." (Which is a related concept to the previous, except the notion is closer to "if _everyone_ was smarter, wiser, more the way they wish they were, and then that modified version was the way they wish they were, etc... ie, if the mechanisim people use to make moral decisions was reapplied to itself to modify itself however it wanted over and over... would any aspects of what we'd want converge? if so, act on that.")

Alternately, if things like the above are a nono... ie, if the genii says "you yourself have to make the wish, not just give me instructions on constructing it"... well, possibly the burial option mentioned at the start would be wisest...

Alternately, perhaps "end involuntary death and mental/physical decay" (note, even that is, again, assuming that the genii has been safely verified to not do the moneky's paw thing...)
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2085 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Infinite amount of money

Eternal Youth

Immortality
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Wow some cool & interesting replys ,many wishes for others to benifit & some just for yourself.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
#1 Nani Darnell
#2 Nani Darnell
#3 That my wife and Mark don't read #1 and #2
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I would wish for a really good pickle.

If the little magic *** gave me more I would wish to look no different than anyone else, and yet stand out (Like the guy in a black and white movie who is in color, but everyone else would be in color too, and still I would stick out, that would make them feel really stupid)

Also I would wish that I could get my wife to understand why I am right.

If he stopped giving me wishes I would simply use violence and get more. What's he gonna do? hide in the lamp? I have the lamp in my hand, I don't need to wish for a hammer to smash the thing flat. I usually have access to one.

He'll be asking me to grant some wishes.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
1 - [censored]

2 - [censored]

3 - OMG! CENSORED! AND THE POLICE ALERTED!
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Quote:
On 2007-08-31 23:21, photius wrote:
#1 Nani Darnell
#2 Nani Darnell
#3 That my wife and Mark don't read #1 and #2

Photius, Shame on you, Oh well, if your ever in Pa. look me up. I just wish for the health an ability to keep building and performing magic. Is that two wishes? Will save one for later.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Last on not too well Josh ,I guess we focus whats important to us.lot of influence on our wishes is how we were brought up & what we experence in life.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-09-01 07:09, rossmacrae wrote:
1 - [censored]

2 - [censored]

3 - OMG! CENSORED! AND THE POLICE ALERTED!

LOL
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I`m Keeping mine to helping out others in a good way .having Peace in the world is paramount.
Psy-Kosh
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
135 Posts

Profile of Psy-Kosh
On the subject of wishes, you may all be interested in the Open Source Wish project: http://homeonthestrange.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4

Essential idea is this: Make a wish, then let everyone "debug" it, so that just in case someday you're faced with a Genii, especially a monkey's paw one, you'll at least have a chance of making it out the other end. Smile
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
I've always think about what I wanted if I was ever given 3 wishes. My wish ranges from being rich, staying healthy, a nice house, more wishes etc.

In the end, I settle on just one wish and that is to be happy. Come to think of it, if you're happy, you get everything you wanted, your loved ones will be happy. If there is nothing is this world to make you sad, then everyone will be happy too.
Bernard Sim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fun thing to share -magic Genii (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL