The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Fighting but I need some help please. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I've mentioned elsewhere that I am a manic depressive. I am having a particularly bad time just now, I cannot think of anything that has brought this on.

I'm sorry to have to ask but if anyone can help I would be eternally grateful.

I know that this is going to get worse before it gets better, I hope I have caught it in time though, at least I can now ask for help.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
"But there isn't a door"
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hello Tom,

Your profile says you are an aeronautical engineer. Is that true? If so then you know that you have a lot upstairs. Use some of those smarts to analyze the problem the same way you would an engineering problem. Recognize the problem ( you've already done that) and then seek out those with the appropriate solution. Are you on any kind of treatment?

With that said...If you're just looking for a smile or warm regards to make the day better then you have come to the right place. That we have in abundance here at the Café and of course are all pulling for you.

All the best,

Tim
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
If you were closer to me, I'd offer to make you a big batch of my homemade chicken soup....a sure cure for what ails ya! Then, I'd make one of my "who cares about the calories" desserts to enjoy with your choice of a nice cup of coffee, nice cup of tea, or a nice glass of wine.

That's about the best I can do for you!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Tim, I don't know about a lot upstairs, a lot of something somewhere I suppose. I've had help and treatment in the past, I suppose I was looking for encouragement and a smile.

Margarette, I'll have the coffee please, thanks for the offer. I've never had homemade chicken soup.
"But there isn't a door"
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
If you are still having severe depressive bouts, then you need to see your doctor again. You state you have had help and treatment in the past, a bi-polar disorder is something you are going to have for a lifetime. You need to have your medications monitored and adjusted regularly. Stopping treatment will only return the great mood swings. You can live a very functional and happy life if you stay with your treatments and keep in touch with your doctor. Trying to go it alone will not work.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Photius, the bouts are not severe but this one seems worse than it probably is due to the fact that it's the first I've had for quite a while.

Thanks everyone for your concern, it does make a difference. Today doesn't seem as bad as the past few days.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Dear Tom;

Hang in there. I have a sure fire way of curing your mood. Go to your local hospital, nursing home or homeless shelter. Tell them you are a magician and want to lift the spirits of some people who may be less fortunate than you. You need to do something good for someone and see how much of an impact you make on their life. In return you will feel great and forget all about your own pain and suffering. (It might be a temporary fix, but if you do it often, soon you will feel like a saint.)

You are a child of the most high God. God loves you and that should be enough for you to keep fighting the good fight. Forget about your frustration and focus on being an INSPIRATION. Life might suck, but if you put it in perspective, you'll find that there are people who would gladly change places with you. As low and down as you feel, you still are able to make a positive difference in someone’s life. You just need to (and I know it might not seem possible) drag yourself out there and make it happen.

In life, we need to be grateful and appreciate what we have. It is easy to focus on what we don't have, or have not become. Try to accept yourself and be happy with all you have. God loves you and he has great things in store for you. You need to love yourself, accept God's love and realize your best days are just ahead.

I think of the story about the farmer who had a Donkey that he didn't want anymore. He took it to an old abandoned well and threw it in, to the bottom. To make sure it wouldn't get out, he threw shovels of dirt on the donkey. As the dirt would fall on the donkey, it just shook it off and stepped up. A couple days went by and the farmer checked, he noticed the donkey was still alive, so he threw more dirt on it. The donkey shook it off and stepped up. This went on and on. Eventually the donkey shook off so much dirt and kept steeping up until he was able to climb out of the well and walk off to freedom and a new/better life...

You can do it! Don't let anyone or anything get you down. If God feels you are worth it, you need to feel it, too. Besides, if God is with you, who can dare be against you. He gave you another chance today by just letting you wake up this morning. That alone should lift your spirits!

I am not preaching God or religion; I'm just trying to put things in perspective. I'm not a doctor or psychiatrist so I don't know medically how sound or fit you are? But if you just need a little encouragement, then I will try to help.

Who am I?

I'm a loser. I have no family. No one loves me. I screw up almost everything I do. I'm in debt up to my A**, have no medical coverage, no education (to speak of) have no kids, wife and the future looks bleak. Sometimes I feel like jumping off the George Washington Bridge. But I'm such a loser; I would probably screw that up. So why do I keep going? Because God wants me to, that’s why. It is not for me to wonder why or even understand, but if God thinks I'm worth another chance, that’s good enough for me. Everything else is temporary! Shake it off. I don't care what I end up with; I only care where I end up!

Good luck.

May peace be with you!
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Thank you Justin.
"But there isn't a door"
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Tom, I PMed you
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Leapinglizards,
you are too kind, thank you.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I don't know how to make chicken soup but can open a can! Maybe we'll have to go to Margaret's house for the home made kind. :O)

Sending you warm wishes and hugs in hopes you are able to resolve your feelings at this moment. Remember that people care what happen and what you are feeling is only temporary. You have us at the Café should you need us.

Chrystal
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Cheer up lad.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Tom, I'm here to support you too. You are a great person and a great magician too. And you are also so blessed that if you count your blessing you'll find yourself a very fortunate and special person. Also think of the many people whose lives you can touch and make a difference to.

There are so many here that are supportive of you. Let us all journey together in this life and make it the best we can, and above all enjoy the full journey.

And don't forget to take your medications too.

Your friend in Magic

James Tong
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Thank you to everyone who has posted their well wishes to me.

It really has made a difference.

I am now reasonably well and back on the road to happiness. Smile
It has been so long since my last bout that this one seemed particularly bad.

It'll happen again but that's not today!!!

Thanks to you all.

God bless,
Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Tom,

Glad you're feeling better. My daughter has many of the same issues. Seasonal changes seem to really effect her. She is in a bad spot at the moment. Not too bad, but bad enough to worry about. Take care of yourself.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Thank you Mark.
Please give your daughter my best wishes.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
Tom,

I refer to myself as docbarnes because I have a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. Bi-polar disorder is mainly a genetic disease that runs in families and needs medical attention. It is not poor will power that creates the mood swings of depression and mania.

As a side note many of the great artist throughout history suffered from Bi-polar disorder. Some artist resist the medication because they feel it takes their inspiration away. However, if the disorder is destroying marriages, relationships, and bank accounts it better to medically manage the condition.

Best of luck,
Vince
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Thank you Vince, it makes a difference to know that people care.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
We are glad you are doing better Tom, it helps us feel better. We will always be beside you hoping the best.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Dynamike, thank you for the well wishes.

I am doing much better now, in fact, if the moderators wish, they can remove this thread.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Fighting but I need some help please. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL