The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Plastic Bat Cabaret Auditions Only!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Do you have an act you'd like to try out at the plastic bat cabaret?

Here is the place to post your auditions.

Many of todays greatest stars got their start at the plastic bat.

Think of it as a right of passage.

If you've ever attempted to use the urinal you'll know what I mean.

The right honourable Doug Higley will be sole judge and jury, he yawns, your out.

If he wakes up, your in.

Good luck!

And wake the Higley!

Corona.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
He yawns all the time! We need a committee!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
A needle and some thread will keep him from yawning.
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4585 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
For my audition, I would like to an Electric Chair routine... with Doug as my volunteer.

That'll keep him from yawning too.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
<I enter stage left wearing an ill-fitting, shiny and threadbare tuxedo complete with spats, cummerbund, crooked bow tie and an anchronistic top hat.>

"Ladles and jellyfish! I will now take an ordinary, ungimmicked, red sponge ball and apply a little of this magic gas from this huge but innocuous metal cylinder and VOILA! The ball is now blue!"

<APPLAUSE>

(with a low bow) "Thank you!" <EXIT STAGE RIGHT>
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10749 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The Spektor Act

I opener - the SCANNERs Head explosion effect (opening with the believable effect)

II Middle/Gut - The Make specs suddenly begin to vomit up worms, snakes and various other hideous critters (moving slightly into the fantastic)

III Closer - The HOUND - A Tindalosian summoning leaves the mystery man with a ripped out mid section and many specs half-eaten... and the performance place a shambles....

Post-party, Hound buys beers for everyone.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4585 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I'm SO there...
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Well, Jeez! That kinda squashes my little act! And after all that rehearsal, too!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
ISNOT LIWOK PRESENTS THE DR. X ACT

Three audience members volunteered by concerned family and friends are led backstage, relieved of cellphones, wallets, jewelry, etc. (incentive for survivor).
1) Psychic Tic Tac Toe ("played" on spectator's back)
2) Plasma-magnetic Body Bending (finishing with "oxcart")

For above, Bitterman's Babel Wave is utilized to neutralize volunteers' unpleasant vocal reactions.

Isnot quickly serves snacks to remaining audience with multiple strobes and ether fumes.

3) Prometheus (final targeted alcoholic spectator has liver torn out by two ravens)

When do we get paid?
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
My own humble act:

i) The Ambitious Corpse (a signed cadaver keeps rising, and is eventually found within a sealed sarcophagus which has been in the zippered part of my wallet throughout)

ii) The Alhazarad Book Test: a spectator freely selects a passage from the Necronomicon and reads it; the performer correctly identifies, without any pumping or pocket indexes, which Old God will later drive him insane.

iii) Linking Nipple rings (with the Prince Albert surprise kicker) -self explanatory, and probably overdone by almost all kids entertainers these days

iv) Run Higley Run: Doug Higley is placed into a coffin on the right of stage, only to be seen fleeing to another coffin on the left, unbeknownst to the performer, much to amusement of the audience; as a kicker both coffins are opened, and Doug is then found to be hanging from my back, (ready to sink in his fangs).

Best
Steve
[
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
My new act:

First, I appear riding on a golden cloud as my Gypsy varna explodes in brilliant flames. I then jump naked and still flaming into the swamp where I let all the little, slimy creatures crawl all over my naked body. Exiting from the swamp, I swallow six four-foot broadswords at the same time, climb to the top of a 100 foot pine tree and walk across a slack wire, all the while doing chi gung exercises and karate katas while juggling several bowling balls.

In the second act of my show, I throw a large number of knives and swords at my assistant (who just happens to be named "Lily"), just missing her body so closely that I cut off just the outer, epidermal layer of her skin.

To top all this off, I then....

Bill
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Question: What do you call the act?

Answer: The Aristocrats.
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
You beat me by seconds on that one, Tony. As soon as I sent my post, yours appeared! Magical!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
LOL

Sick minds do think alike. Smile
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Mr. Ligon, the theatrical act you describe as your own is eerily, yes fragrantly, identical to that which is clearly the intellectual property of Miss L's performance art and life practice. I remind you of this because of her inability to respond to your claim. She and I trust you will make proper credit for her ideas and achievements if you so choose to continue to imitate her. We suspect you wish to be her assistant in your fantasy, yes? Yes. That would be all right with you.

1550 L1W0K 2029-2036 HAPPY FRI 13 APRIL IN PARIS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME X

inner being worker
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Hmmmph! Mr. Hastings, although I do owe the inspiration and the basic concept of my act to Lily of the Valley, my specific implementation of the act and its elements are my own. I will inform you, sir, that all the research and plagiarism are my own, and that I have spent hours in the library snooz..., er, ...researching my act. Any resemblance to anyone else' act is purely due to artistic latrocinium. I also eschew obfuscation and mean exactly what I say.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Uh-oh

inner being worker
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Glad to see Dr. Spektor back in the Bat!

Been on the wagon? Fell off on yer birthday eh?

heh heh,

Brave attempts all, if a little gloomy perhaps.

Although I think I hear Doug, snoring.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Awaiting comment from L and her barrelstir, Sybyl Civil.

-ccd

inner being worker
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2133 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
My audition. The "crazy" "magician" Mr "Matt" Colman lays out three piles of seven cards and asks Doug to think of any card and tell me which pile it is in...27 minutes later ....he makes a small wager with Doug..."Doug do you bet the next card I turn over will be your card?" Matt goes to turn over the top card of the deck but its a ruse and he fell right for it! Hook line and sinker! He delves through the pile of cards that he already dealt down that had Mr Higley's card in and turns that over insted! Doug looks in his wallet and finds nothing but a signed card. I tell him I'm not a big Houdini fan and he can keep the card, insted he agrees to make me a Higley pot of Colman's mustard and is left scratching his head in disbelief.

M:C

p.s Do I win anything for more than 66 yawns? I was yawning a little too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Plastic Bat Cabaret Auditions Only!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL