The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 1 week delay means a special giveaway » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
The publication date of my new hardcover book, Kingdom of the Red, will be one week later than originally planned due to a printer scheduling delay. I should be shipping on or before Sept. 14. See http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......8&21
for special prepublication bonus.

Larry Smile
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Sounds good Mr. Barnowsky, I have been looking forward to it, I can't wait.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks Fingers,

While there are more card effects in the book than coin effects, you'll find in Ch.27 a very easy baffling and unique coin effect with borrowed quarters, and in Ch. 28 a visible one hand coin change never seen before. There are more coin effects than those but I thought that might whet your appetite. Smile

Between the 450+ photos and the 95 minute DVD you should have no problem learning any of the effects or sleights.

Larry Smile
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Wow, it sounds like the book is jam packed! I didn't even realize the video was so long.....
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Fingers,

Here's a picture of the Companion DVD:

http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/kotrdvd.jpg
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Very nice artwork on the DVD and cover.

Does this DVD play in all DVD players and computers, too?

BJ
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Looks good, Mr. Barnowsky! You have me hooked. Just out of curiosity, how did the name come about?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

"Kingdom of the Red" is a fairy tale acted out with cards taught in Chapter 11. The performance of the entire routine is also on the DVD.

KOTR was created more than 30 years ago when I was in medical school. It's a signature effect of mine which has stood the test of time, opening and closing many of my magical performances. I chose it as the title of this book because it captures the audience's imagination and sense of wonder like no other effect I do. And, it's not hard to learn.

Larry
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Wow, I am glad I asked. I will definitely be looking that routine up, first thing, when I get the book and DVD! I like that last thing the best about it not being a hard thing to learn. Normally, I am not a card kind of guy.....
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Sorry, BJ, I missed your question.

The DVD should play on all DVD players, new or old, and all computer DVD players. The DVD was replicated from a DVD-R glass master, and the artwork was printed directly onto the disc surface.

Larry
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

UPDATE:
The books have been printed and bound and were shipped today (Thursday, Sept. 6) from the printing plant. I should be able to begin shipping books and DVDs (and any related props from my website) Monday or Tuesday, Sept. 10-11.

Larry
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Looking forward to this book, and finally got around to purchasing it!

How many Time Tunnel sets did you have made? I would like to get one, but wanted to read the routine first to see if fit. Thanks!

RevJohn
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Hi Rev John,

I made 24 Time Tunnels. I also have enough of the special coins and cards for 18 complete kits. A nice thing about the Time Tunnel Routine (Ch. 7, Gateway Through Space and Time) is it has two parts, and each part could be performed separately with a little change in the script.

Larry
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
UK, England (but Scottish by birth)
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
Hi Larry,

I've just bought a Time Tunnel. Can you ship with the book when ready?
All the best,

Kyf
"I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension." Steve Wright
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks, Kyf.

Yes, I'll send everything in one package to you via US Airmail to the UK. That will include the signed leather edition of the book, DVD, Time Tunnel, and the FREE Chinese coin and 3 inch ring (the thin one).

Larry
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
Hi Larry,

I just ordered the Time Tunnel Kit and some other items from your website. Please send them all together. Thanks!

David
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
Quote:
On 2007-09-07 14:46, Larry Barnowsky wrote:
Thanks, Kyf.

Yes, I'll send everything in one package to you via US Airmail to the UK. That will include the signed leather edition of the book, DVD, Time Tunnel, and the FREE Chinese coin and 3 inch ring (the thin one).

Larry

Hi Larry,

Thank you - I've been looking forward for this - can't wait.

Just for ref., is the "thick" ring better in some way than the thin one? I mean, performance, balance, weight?

All the best,
Kyf
"I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension." Steve Wright
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Kyf,

I use both types of rings. The heavy 3 inch ring is preferred since it works with all kinds of ropes and cords, including the velvet ones. But I came across some thin, lightweight 3 inch rings that work well with lighter ropes, velvet cords, and shoelaces, and have the advantage of being easier to carry in the pocket. The heavy one is nickel plated, and the thin one is made from a gold colored metal.

Best,

Larry
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
Hi Larry,

I've added a heavy ring and some red rope to my order. (Do I get bulk discount? - joke)

All the best,

Keith
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks, Kyf. By the way, THE BOOKS ARE HERE. Smile Smile Smile

I'll be shipping all the pre-orders tomorrow (Tuesday).

Best,

Larry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 1 week delay means a special giveaway » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL