The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dough By Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jolan Vanderdark
View Profile
New user
The Brownsville City Morgue
54 Posts

Profile of Jolan Vanderdark
Does anyone have this trick? Any thoughts on this one? Placing a magic order in a couple of weeks and want to get thoughts on the ones i'm thinking of buying.

The Effect
You borrow a bill and stick a post-it note to the center of it. Now you slowly push the pencil through the note, visibly piercing the note and the bill. Your spectators are unalarmed… until you remove the note and the bill is completely and utterly unharmed!

Why is Dough! such convincing magic?
You borrow the bill.
You borrow the pencil.
You can even borrow the post-it note.
It doesn't get any more convincing than that.

What You Get

The Secret
The full explanation of Jay's ingenious handling.
Everything you need to perform this effect.

Manufacturer Says
This ingenious handling of the "pencil through bill" plot has been a hit at Jay's lectures for years! Don't be fooled by imitations! Jay's routine can be done with a borrowed bill and a BORROWED PENCIL! And as with many of Jay's most popular effects, this one is extremely easy, and extremely powerful! The perfect "anytime, anywhere" bar trick!

FAQ
Q: How long will it take me to master Dough!?
A: It won't take long at all to figure out the instructions, and then you're only looking at a few more minutes to get the handling down.

Smile
Yes....Eventually you will come to me.

And Ohhh...What Sights I Have To Show You!!
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Its exactly as the effect sounds, no gimmicks. Its a great effect, which I recommend.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
It's based on an origami technique and doesn't give you the "open display" that you get with other gimmicked items like "misled" or any of the cornelious "pen thru anything" variants.

Good impromptu version based *I believe* on an another effect (by harkey?) called east meets west. I could be wrong, as I don't have my reference stuff with me right now.

The routine can also be found in the book 100% Sankey if I'm not mistaken.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Right on both. I paid 50 bucks for 100% sankey and I am glad I did. Great book.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dough By Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL