The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » a chat room? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
There always seems to be somewhere in between six to twelve users on line whenever I sign in.

My question therefore is the following:
Would it be at all possible to have a link somewhere on the site to a chat room where members could chat live and get to know a little more about each other aside from their views on magic?

I'm not suggesting in anyway that you subsitute an extremely effective and effecient message board for live interaction.

I just thought the idea of a chat room was cool.

many thanks,
Gonz
:carrot: Smile

ps, when is the "exposing of secrets poll" going to be closed?
when will we know when/if a decision has been made on this topic?
Hello.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Gonz,
Not a bad idea. Sometimes I get to chatting with someone via PMs and a little chat room would be of use. Perhaps someone could make a closed room at some site we could go to or something. I'll leave all that to the experts.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
UpclseNprsnl
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of UpclseNprsnl
That Sounds like a good idea. I only know of forum that has a chat room with it. I think a chat room would go over very well.

Upclse
UpclseNprsnl
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Quote:
On 2002-02-11 21:03, semianimus wrote:
Perhaps someone could make a closed room at some site we could go to or something.

Delightful idea, Sable.
I suppose the chat room wouldn't HAVE to be linked from the Cafe.
Just so long as there was one.

Gonz
:carrot: Smile
Hello.
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Well, Smile we can't have a chat room in the kitchen, Smile just too busy, busy, busy. Smile
:idea:

Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Smile Sorry guy's Smile
This topic has been brought up before. There is just too many problems with so-called chat rooms. For starters, they are a breeding ground for viruses! Smile

Perhaps in the future we may consider it, until that happens, you will have to use ye olde private messages. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Also, besides viruses, they have been known to start bitter fights on websites. People on other magic websites insult each other for the stupidest things. And I just think we should keep it as a clean and friendly environment here. This is a nice alternative compared to others.. Smile
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Just a suggestion, but you could check to see if the folks you're wanting to chat with have AIM, Yahoo messenger, or MSN messenger, and use those chat utilities. That information is listed in everyone's profile, if they have filled out that part of the profile form.

Smile Mary B.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » a chat room? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL