The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Portable Sound System For Birthday Parties & Family Events (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DominotheGreat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DominotheGreat
What is the best possible sound system for birthday parties and family events. I mostly do birthday parties but also events. And I don't want to have two different systems and just looking for the best bang for my buck. Also, one that can handle music (maybe that MP3Tech) and a wireless mic (the countryman one). Is there such a system that has battery and ac adapter that not be an over kill for b-day parties but still handle a decent size family event (up to 200 people or something)?

I appreciate any tips as there are just so many options and it sometimes can get real confusing.

Thanks so much!

Domino
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
You should go down to the for sale section and buy my Virtual Soundman Boombox PA. It lets you control your music, it comes with a headset mic, a click-feel remote, and icue built in and the treble and bass controls for your voice as well. It's the deluxe model. I am selling it for next to nothing compared to what I payed for it! I am no longer doing very many b-days and am getting a larger system, so go buy it!

You can also purchase a battery pack that runs it so you don't have to plug it in. You can even run it off of regular batteries at a b-day if you are just using it for music - but you will need the battery pack to run it if you use music and your mic at the same time.

Hope that helps!
Chad
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
That deal that Chad has cannot be beat for the quality and price! The iCue tabletop is the way to go for what you need! Everything is built into the unit itself.

Steve
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Domino you can PM and I can tell you about my setup I use for birthdays. It uses an mp3tech. I love it! I everything setup in 10secs. with a mic.(countryman)
Ken
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
How much do you want to spend is the real question.

Choosing both AC/DC narrows the choices down. The only one that fits that bill is the PASCO system, however, it is not my first choice.

I have and like the Mackie SRM150: AC only, 150 watts with a "bose" quality speaker for $300 would serve the size of any family event, however, no DC capability. Only the smaller lower wattage systems have DC capability (Yes, the old Fender Passport 150 had that capability, but the newer ones don't.)

As for wireless, there are a lot of these. I like the lower end price Audio-Technica units which run about $600 for both receiver, Transmitter with tiny head set.

Check out the sticky post on sound systems:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......11&0

Read up on the various topics and learn about them before spending quite a lot of money.

On the low end the Roland CM30 will handle any birthday party annd fit nicely in a Lefler type table. Look for deals with wireless systems I got one for half price here on the Café, and I bought another $300 wireless Audio-Technica system at the KIDabra auction for $7.00. What a buy! I also got a portable $623 Anchor Mini Vox with wireless for $50.00. So rushing to buy may not be the best. Study about them and learn what you want.

I had a choice of iCue or MP3 Tech, I chose the MP3 Tech. ($900 plus $400 for the remote display)

Yes, I have several thousand invested in numberous sound systems. I have the below systems:

1. Fender Passport 150 Plus CD (New $699 System) 150 watts
2. Fender Passport 250 ($699 older system) 250 watts
3. Mackie SRM150 (New $299 Single Speaker System) 150 watts
4. Roland CM30 Cube (New $170 Single Speaker System) 30 watts
5. Anchor Portable MinVox (A $625 Portable Speaker system) 30 watts
6. Wireless Wizardtry MP3 Tech
7. Audio-Technina Wireless Headset Transmitter and Receiver
8. Audio-Technina Lapel Microphone Transmitter and Receiver
9. Two GE Lapel Transmitter and Receivers
and others
Dennis Michael
DominotheGreat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Thanks, everyone for your input so far. I appreciate everyone sharing their ideas/tips on this.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I use a battery powered Crate Taxi for small kids shows with my Icue2 and ipod.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
The Virtual Soundman Tabletop PA System should be perfect for what you are going for as it is geared for smaller venues. It packs a lot of sound in its small enclosure and you can't go wrong with the built-in smart chip (or MiCue). You really don't need to worry about purchasing the LED screen but it is a nice thing to have.

VSM has made these affordable and as close to a "turn-key" operation as you can get. I knew how to run mine within the first 10 mins of playing with it.... and I'm a natural blonde!!!

-Bryan
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Domino...as I told ya in the PM..hook up with Chad! Can you say "BARGAIN"?

Steve
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

The only issue I have with the "Table Top" PA System is based on the original question "still handle a decent size family event (up to 200 people or something)?"

I don't have this table top PA system so I can't say it will or will not handle a decent size family event of 200 persons.

Click here to read about Chad's System for Sale:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......79&4
Dennis Michael
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Domino, You might want to consider the Carvin Stagemate. It is a nice system for small to medium sized shows. An extra speaker is optional. As with about all Carvin gear, it's a great value for the price.

Regan
Mister Mystery
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I just bought the extra speaker for my Carvin setup. My wife used the 2 speakers and an ipod and a wireless mic in a park for an event and there was more than enough power to reach the 300 people. It can run off battery for 3-4 hours, great sound, and quick to set up. you can also add a second battery to double the battery life.

For a kid's party I would use something smaller like the Crate Taxi I mentioned above. Only 15W, small, light weight, and nice sound. I also use this when I perform outdoors at the Farmer's Market in my town. It's not quite as powerful as I'd like for that event but it does the job.

I use the same microphone for all mic'd shows which is the provider series
http://www.providerseries.com which plugs into my audiotechnica receiver/transmitter.

I can run everything off battery. Even the mic.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I use a paso that is perfect for smaller shows it is put inside a lefler cube table and my MP3tech is velcroed inside the box. All I simply do is open the box plug one plug into the wall and put my mic on and I am set. In some cases I use the battery on the paso and the mp4tech can run off batteries as well.

Really easy sound great. And of course I am using the resmotes that can be hidden in your hand (they are small).

Ken
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Ken, do you keep your paso in the table while performing? I could do that with my florida pa and save even more time setting up...
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Yes everything is mounted inside the table.
ken
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Ken do you get feedback with your system? I saw it at KIDabra, and was wondering how you got around this problem. Yes, it would work great with the MP3 Tech, but how about the wireless microphone? I know you use the Countryman, is it the mic.?

When I used the Flordia System anytime I went in front of the speaker I got feedback.
Dennis Michael
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
No feed back . I bought the correct cord to plug into the pack that would fit my contryman mic.

Ken
DominotheGreat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Ken,

Could you tell me what cord you purchases and where to plug into the pack that fit your countryman mic (as I thinking of getting this when I get a sound system? As you never got any feedback with this cord.

Thanks so much!

Domino
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Contact joe lefler he sells them. http://www.wearefun.com

but is this for the paso??

Ken
DominotheGreat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Ken,

Ok Thanks. So just ask joe for a cord that won't have feedback that is made for the countryman and for whatever sound system I go with? I think I'm narrowing it down to a paso or the Mepro that joe had at kidabra. What model (number) of the paso do you have?

Thanks once again and everyone else for all of their help and suggestion on this.

Domino
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Portable Sound System For Birthday Parties & Family Events (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL