We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Portable Sound System For Birthday Parties & Family Events (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I cannot speak on the mepro only the paso. he cord that I have fits the countryman an it fits the pack for the paso unit. I am sure JOe can help you out with any questions you might have about these systems.

Ken
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
The particular cord has nothing to do with whether or not there's active feedback with any system. It has to do with the microphone, volume, speaker placement and staging (your position during performance with relation to the speaker and the direction of the sound).

Steve
DominotheGreat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DominotheGreat
Ken,

I appreciate all you tips and help on this Ken. What model of the Paso do you use (WPCS50, WPSS100/MW165U).

I certainly talk to joe about the cords. As this is what it looks like so far:

- soundsystem
- MP3 Tech
- Country Man Mic
- Mabye that joe lefter cube table to keep everything in

Thanks again!

Domino
DominotheGreat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Steve,

Ok is its a good idea to put the speaker where you won't walk in front of it, so you wont' get feedback (or reduce it). As I new to this and I would think that you don't want to walk in front of the speaker while on a mic wireless or not, right.

Thanks Steve!

Domino
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
WPCS50 is the one that I am using. actaully with the countryman it does not pickup feedback like a lot of mics do, sure if you put your head directly in front of the speaker it will get feedback. Yes position the speaker where it wil not pick this up. Steve knows as well as I this is common sense. As are as the cord no it has nothing to do with the feedback but it you have to have the proper cord to make this all work.

ken

Ken
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Feedback is caused by the sound that's emanating from the speaker being picked up by the microphone, fed back into the amplification system and re-emanated from the speaker, only to be picked by by the microphone again and fed back into the amp...and on and on and on..all at the speed of sound.

Domino, have you considered the iCue2 (iCue Squared)? system instead of the MP3 Tech? I used a Wireless Wizardry ShowTech for 15 years, and switched to the iCue2 about a year ago...and I could not be happier! Compare before you spend. I tested out both systems (in person, in shows, yes) and some other ones (the "Performer" system, too)...and decided after making all the comparisons (options, prices and ease of use/setup) on the iCue2 from Virtual Soundman (www.virtualsoundman.com)...you might make the same decision after spending 9 months comparing.

Steve
DominotheGreat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Steve,

yea its a toss up between the mp3Tech and icue2. As I like how the mp3 tech as the mp3 built in and that should help make it quicker or not have as many problems trying to talk to an Ipod or other devices as the Icue2 has to do. And I like that ken mentions that the remote is nice a small. But I don't have 9 months or any amount of time to try out both products and see which one fits me the best. And I definitely can't buy both and see which one is the best for me.

I appreciate your feedback though, Steve. And thanks again Ken as well!

Domino
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Steve makes great points and he is one that loves the icue. However I don't think he used the mp3tech as I think he was a showtech user. The showtech and the mp3tech are to totally different systems. In fact I don't think kerry is making the showtech anymore as the MP3 is much easier to use and does what the mp3 did for the most part. As far as set up the MP3 cannot be easier to set up.

The ICUE is great and it is working great for a lot of performers. However it simply does not have the smaller remotes that mp3 provides. The smaller remotes that I am able to conceal in my hand is what sells me on the MP3 tech. I have played with the icue that a friend uses and I simply could not get used to what it did. The remote was confusing to me as you had to hold it down for a certain bit for it to do certain things. On the other hand my friend used mine and he COULD not get used to mine. So bottom line find what works for you there is plenty of info on both units. For me Kerry Pollacks provides excellent costumer service. I had a friend at kidabra conf who wanted everything I had. however she was leaving to go home over seas and she needed the unit sent to me before she left. Kerry over nighted the MP3 to me and he picked up all shipping charges. To top it off Kerry was performing at MAGIC LIVE and he still had time to get the package sent out to me. Costumer service goes along way.

Ken
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I did "test drive" an MP3 Tech. I also used the "Performer" system, and the iCue2 system. Sent back the other two and kept the iCue2. I don't palm the remote or use it lying on the table as some people do. I leave it in my pocket (after removing the belt clip) and operate it through my pants. One light touch is all it takes. Also, the large display is great, as is the "iPrompter" scrolling display. While it's not wireless as the MP3 Tech's is, but it IS smaller than the display, and easier to hide. The wireless display for the MP3 Tech is a little large to be inconspicuous, and has to be hidden inside a table or prop, can't be mounted to the side of an on-stage speaker (it's made to sit on on in a table, with the antenna extended).

Kelly Duro was at Magic Live, as well, as I remember. The new, more powerful (audio output-wise) iCue2 TTPA was on display, and, although it's not available for another few weeks, people ordered them.

You'll find the one that's right for you.

Steve
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Actaully my wirelss display simply stays in the floor just stage right. I never had anyone say anything about it. So no I don't hide it.

Ken
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've read that some people put it into their tables (as in Lefler or similar) for use. I mount the iCue2 (on top of it) and the iPrompter (under it) on the "pole mount" on the speaker stand that holds my Anchor "Explorer-Pro". Kelly even shows you how to install a piggybacked power source into the Anchor speaker/amp. Then, for power, you plug a wire into your speaker, and that will power the iCue2. Of course, using the battery pack with make that necessity null and void.

Steve
devlinn
View Profile
Regular user
Orangeville, ON
118 Posts

Profile of devlinn
Choice is Good.
To each his own.
joemystic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of joemystic
Sorry I can't agree with Steve. The older SoundBox is a users nightmare. It is pieces of this and that put together and the wireless mic (Nady) is the lowest quality possible. It cuts in and out and does not have much volume. I have one and won't sell it because don't want someone to be mad at me for pawning off my bad purchase.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
For Small venues such as birthdays or small platform you would only need 10 - 15 watts and want to keep it reasonable. I suggest searching Ebay or your local music store for a battery operate Pig Nose amp. or a small Crate amp.

These are reasonable ( around $100 ) and will fit the bill for what you need. A simple plug in microphone with a quarter inch jack would work great for this, nothing fancy here. Also check Ebay or Radio Shack. When you move up to larger shows with higher pay I would invest in something more advanced ( also more expensive ) but for now, this is what you need.

Chuck C.

http://www.freewebs.com/caputocollection/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Portable Sound System For Birthday Parties & Family Events (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL