The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Art of Astonishment Book set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jmuscold
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of jmuscold
Does anyone know where I can get this (hopefully used) at a discount.

I have seen it on ebay (new) shipped for $108 for the set. Is this the best price I am going to find?

I also posted a WTB in the book section here. Should I just wait for a response, buy them off ebay, or is there a better source?

Please pm me or post here if you have any advice.
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
You can do better on ebay. I sold a set for only $80 during the last week of July plus just under $6 for shipping... This set was in very good to excellent conditiion... I even had the DJs covered in Brodart mylar covers... I was getting ready to list one more set, but I will send you a PM now with additional details...

James
jmuscold
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of jmuscold
Got a deal, thanks James and The Magic Café
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
There are a lot of kiddos out there who got the set for Bday and now want to dump them . . .
Cards never lie
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Penguin is the best price new I believe, not to mention free shipping if you want it. All for like $90.00!
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Really, I thought that have stopped selling the bundle . . .?
Cards never lie
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
This whole Penguin Magic- discounters thing is terrible. For any other published magic author out there; it's a stab in the back to see your work being discounted. If a book is listed at $40.00- it should stay at $40.00 dollars; wholesale for $25.00. Not wholesale for 25, and sell for less than the retail price. Just gets to me how low these internet sites are discounting...

Anywho-- if you're looking for a good set of the Paul Harris chronicles; Denny & Lees has a few of the collector sets available!! Very rare for any collector out there:0)

regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I got it at Themagicwarehouse.com for $105.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2007-09-20 15:37, TomaskoMagic wrote:
This whole Penguin Magic- discounters thing is terrible. For any other published magic author out there; it's a stab in the back to see your work being discounted. If a book is listed at $40.00- it should stay at $40.00 dollars; wholesale for $25.00. Not wholesale for 25, and sell for less than the retail price. Just gets to me how low these internet sites are discounting...

Anywho-- if you're looking for a good set of the Paul Harris chronicles; Denny & Lees has a few of the collector sets available!! Very rare for any collector out there:0)

regards,
Matt Tomasko

Are you serious?

You would rather pay full retail?

Whatever floats your boat.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Art of Astonishment Book set (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL