We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » A strange surreal moment at Magic Inc. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ViciousCycle
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of ViciousCycle
For some time now, I've been looking for a packet trick I owned as a child. It was a version of Wild Card that had maniacal jesters as the jokers. I have looked for this trick as an adult with no success, and I tell magic dealers that today's card tricks need maniacal-looking jokers. And today at the Magic Inc shop, I had one of those maniacal jokers come and play a joke on me.

Jay Collen was demonstrating a packet trick to me in which I was supposed to point at a card, and the cards were either aces or jokers. At the same time, I was having a cross-conversation with Sandy Marshall, saying that this was an example of a trick that could be improved by maniacal jokers. After Jay did the trick two times, he started the trick again, and asked me to point at a card. Feeling impish and knowing that the ceiling was plastered with cards from the card-on-the-ceiling trick, I looked up to point at one of the cards on the ceiling. And right above me was a card that had one of those maniacal jokers -- and I said that this was the exact maniacal joker that I had been thinking about. Sandy, once he saw the card that I was referring to, pulled a packet trick envelope out of his pocket, and produced the very wild card version that I had been looking for. He said that he had been going through old tricks in the back room earlier in the day. After having been on the lookout for this packet trick for quite some time, I couldn't believe that this is the way that I found.

It was inevitable that I couldn't leave the store without buying the trick. However, I don't know whether to consider this an odd series of coincidences, an example of great salesmanship, or a surreal mentalism trick. But with Jay Marshall's son Sandy now running Magic Inc., this store feels like a place where anything can happen.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » A strange surreal moment at Magic Inc. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL