The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Postcards instead of business cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Hey gang,

I am thinking about using Postcards as my business cards. I mean, Big Daddy Cool needs a big card to make a big impression... Your thoughts?
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
Some thoughts... but no point either way... Just a couple of things to think about.

Business cards are nice and small (convenient) to put into your pocket/wallet - as a spectator.

Post cards have more space to say what you want to say, or to have cooler... I mean swinging art!

When you give one to someone.... if they keep it, they will fold it in half. Later, when they take it out it will be folded and bad looking, from being folded....

Do you want to use it just to stand out? Or do you want them to send the card back to you? Or some other clever marketing idea????

Scott
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yeah they might have to fold it up a little bit, that would make me cringe for the price I paid. Unless they booked me. Smile I would still cringe though being I am a "neat freak."
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Big Daddy
Have you compared the differance in price? I think there are business card customers, and there are post card customers. I use both, I buy the post cards with blank backs so I can go to my local printer, put a message on the back for a special event like a show case, and you can mail them for only $.26 each. In the stores where I display my cards I have one post card on the wall, and a rack with business cards on the counter. I like to work close to home so I put my stuff in local business that I frequent.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/juggleral/alrag.swf

Wow that is cool Al, good rag doll physics.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Thanks
Yea my web master is nuts. If little Al gets stuck just drag him out of trouble.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi John -

I knew someone many years ago who had an oversized business card. He was a "big" someone too, as part of his performing name.

He had a folded card, that was the size of a standard business card (when folded closed), and yet could be folded open to the large size.

You might consider that approach.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2007-09-02 21:33, Al Angello wrote:
Thanks
Yea my web master is nuts. If little Al gets stuck just drag him out of trouble.

Ouch, I bet he takes a serious beating daily. Probably even worse than doing kid's shows. Smile
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2007-09-02 21:35, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Hi John -

I knew someone many years ago who had an oversized business card. He was a "big" someone too, as part of his performing name.

He had a folded card, that was the size of a standard business card (when folded closed), and yet could be folded open to the large size.

You might consider that approach.

- Donald

That sounds like a good idea. Might be able to use that idea to present the card after doing an effect with it, as with Flash Fold/El Cheepo Magic Club where the folded signed card appears in the matchbox.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
I can't stand one someone hands me a small or over sized business card.... WHAT TO DO WITH IT... YUCK....

I think useing a post card to promot is great Smile but not as a business card....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Postcards instead of business cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL