The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card drawn on card name? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
Is there a name for this effect? It is like the moving pip, and perhaps similar to the Fraud effect by Garcia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr2OcdW1e......;search=
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Actually, to me, it looks like a miniature version of Cardiographic by Martin Lewis.
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
From what I remember, that version was made by Ron Jaxon, who's a member here on the Café. I'm not sure if he still has it on his website, but you might want to PM him. His username is Jaxon.
Upon reading another thread, I found that the effect is called VCR or Visual Card Rise.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2012 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I would love to have that. I do not see it anywhere, though.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5373 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
http://www.maxello.com/index.php?s=dc6c6......p;q=9606

Listed alphabetically, Visual Card Rise by Jaxon.

Very similar (but different) to Mark Mason's Drawn Out.
https://vault2.secured-url.com/jbtv/search_results.asp
rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
Very helpful, thanks.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2012 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Thanks, I wonder how they compare, or if one is slightly better than the other for some reason?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Hi everyone.

First let me thank you for the comments. I've shared the background of this effect a couple of times here on the Café but briefly. I, like many other magicians, wanted a close up version of Martin Lewis's beautiful effect called Cardiographics. After searching around and not finding one that I liked I eventually had the idea for this effect. At first my only plan was to just perform it in my own shows. After performing it at a few conventions many magicians wanted one. I finally decided to go ahead and make a small number of them so I'll have them available at the next convention I went to. When I performed it in a show someone said that after they saw me perform it they went to a dealers booth to buy it. This confused me because I didn't show it to any dealers and I certainly didn't sell any to a dealer. This is when I found out that Mark Mason had just released his effect called Drawn Out. The effect is pretty much the same but the gimmick is different in both looks of the animation and method. But it was close enough in effect that I decided not to release mine.

Over the next few years I continued to get requests for it. I finally sold the rights to it to Sean Bogunia and he released it. My name is still on the instructions but it's no longer my effect. The gimmicks where hand made any takes a while to make them. The bottom line is his company just didn't have the time to make them in a large quantity. I'm working with them and we hope to find a way to get them back out there again soon though. I'll keep you all informed.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2012 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Wait, so now it not available?
rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
I ordered mine yesterday from Maxello Magic.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2012 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Drawn Out seems to be only at one of other place, and out of stock there. Seems both are hard to find.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
You might be able to find it in stock from some dealers. Sean Bogunia's company released it and some dealers ordered a number of them. So I don't know who would have any left. If you find it advertised I'd make sure they still have them in stock before placing an order. IF it's on their site they probably have it but you never know.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
For those still interested, I ordered the Jaxon effect from Maxello magic.

I also ordered Drawn Out, only to later be told the effect was sold out.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
For those intersted there is some recent news on this. Instead of explaing it all again go to this post:

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......orum=217

Ron Jaxon

RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Ron:I hope you put out an e-book for this.Being a crafter and artist,I could probably make a 'version' of it myself,for my own use,but I woud rather not go through the trial and error phase..so your instructions would be appreciated.

Best.
Rich
rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
I agree. Having seen the Maxello set, I think I can make one, and, avoiding avoidable trial and error would be helpful.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
VCR is now avaialable as a download on my site.

Ron Jaxon

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card drawn on card name? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL