The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Search Engine Optimization (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
1. What is search engine optimization and relevance?

Humans and search engines treat Web pages in different ways. Where people look at design and read text, a search engine will detect a lack of information it needs to make your site relevant. Meaning your website will rank at a position where no one will find it. A popular solution to this problem is 'search engine optimization' or SEO.

So, what is SEO?

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the art and science of making your Web pages as relevant as possible. Here, relevance is a measure of how close your Web page is aligned to what the user is looking for. Simply, the more relevant your page is, the higher your rankings are.
For example, when you search Google for "long-range weather forecast", it uses a special formula (also known as an algorithm) to decide which pages in its database are worth listing in the top-10.

2. How do you improve page relevance (and therefore search engine rankings)?

Wow Optimization service lets you view your Web pages through the eyes of the major search engines (which produce 95% of the world search engine traffic), while checking how relevant they are.
At the same time it helps balance your site so it is neither under-optimized nor over-optimized. The former may get your site lost among hundreds of thousands of others while the latter would get your site penalized or worse - banned from the search engine.

3. What recommendations does WOW SEO give you?

After analyzing your Web pages and optionally comparing them to your highly ranked competitors, WoW optimization will create the following reports:

• Optimization advice and analysis
Here you get plain-English advice on improving your Web pages, plus the advanced analysis that contains detailed info on over 130 parameters on your page that affect your rankings. Also, you can compare each parameter on your page to those of other Web pages that manage to get into the top-10 rankings.

• Density analysis report
This report gives a breakdown on density of phrases used on your page. This helps you see what keywords and phrases your page is actually optimized for.

• SE view report
This report displays your page the way search engines actually view it - you can see the areas 'visible' to this or that SE and understand where else you can apply optimization on your page. SE View Report also helps you prevent page cloaking (a spam technique of using 2 variants of your page - one for the users, and another one - for search engine bots).

We recommend you optimize your Index/home page with three key phrases that your clients would type in to a search engine. Our SEO professional fee for analysing your site and providing the above comprehensive reports is £50, for each additional page there is a further fee of £30 per page

URL: http://www.wow-website.com
Kevin Viner
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, CA
203 Posts

Profile of Kevin Viner
Ian,

This post nearly seems like blatant advertisement, which I do not think is allowed on the Café. Besides, good SEO is not that difficult to do. Most people just do not put in the time or energy needed. Just do a quick Google search, and give yourself a few days time to look it over, and it is fairly easy to teach yourself.
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Agreed, I learnt from free info on the net, in one year, I'm on the first page of google in the UK for the keywords I wanted.

I recommend that anyone who is seriously interested in this to research and learn themselves. A friend of mine recently paid £2000 ($4000) for an seo, who just added a few extra words to his site and it did nothing!!

If you learn once, you'll always have that skill!!

Dave Bonsall
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
I'm always interested when people start promoting search engine schemes and services
here on the Café and on other forums.
But the first thing I do is check their own website. If they can't do it for themselves
what are they going to do for me.

Ian, your own site doesn't achieve a google ranking at all!
What search terms find you on google?

I actually like the design of your site, but these inconsistencies
trouble me and I'm sure others who would possibly be interested in your work.

what's your opinion on Meta Tags? I see you don't use any either

BB
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Google Page 1, position 9, MSN page 1 position 1 says it all ;-).
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

My two unanswered questions were ...

What search terms find you (Ian Broadmore - Mindreader) on Google?

(I mean anyone can achieve Google Position 1/1 if people put in enough
of the correct specific search terms. The trick is to get a high ranking
for the type of search term that most prospective clients use.
So whats of interest to people like me, who are interested in using your services,
is what exact search term gives you those good positions. )

What's your opinion on Meta Tags ?

(You don't need to answer this one if it's giving away your means of earning a living
but I believe the "weighting" of the importance of Tags has diminished greatly
over the last few years.)

BB
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
I chegg'd out ian Broad more site http://www.mindreader.biz/ I would have to say he is the ceo of seo.

Well done. All boxes ticked.

The bots say hi.
Kevin Viner
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, CA
203 Posts

Profile of Kevin Viner
I actually disagree. His site is done in flash, which as of yet, is not very Google friendly. Although Google is slowly getting to a point where it will be able to read dynamic content, it is definitely not there yet. To be truly search engine friendly, Ian should have done an HTML site where he could optimize individually for each page.
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Michael T
http://www.mindreader.biz is on page 2 on google for a search for "Ian Broadmore". That is good serps if I ever heard them. Broadmore says WOW. I say WOW too.

Here is another Ian Broadmore website
http://www.ianbroadmore.com

I like the library images and handwriting fonts. They make me feel safe and warm.
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-09-09 05:48, Mike Throxenby wrote:
http://www.mindreader.biz is on page 2 on google for a search for "Ian Broadmore". That is good serps if I ever heard them. Broadmore says WOW. I say WOW too.

ROFLMAO ,

Mike, if you had a website you would probably rank just as well
if not better if they typed in your name!!

Heck, if you type in my name - bubbleburst2004 - I come out 1st on page one.

bb

p.s. thanks for the other link to the website, at least this one gains
an official Goggle Ranking of 2, almost as good as the Google Ranking of 3
that Nick, Kevin and Bonz get for their sites.
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Type mindreader into Google UK on page one Smile
Ian Broadmore - Mindreader Google 1/1
Yahoo Uk page 1, 2nd position
Instant Website Builder-MSN page 1 NUMBER 1 Smile
Mindreader.biz , is a flash site, as yet unfinished still under construction
ps/Page Rank DOES NOT guarantee a high listing, there are many sites with no page rank that achieve p1/2/3.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Search Engine Optimization (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL