The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Heckling role playing exercise. Might be a good one. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Rules::
First, anyone who would like like to hone their heckler stopping skills would state what imaginary scenario they are in and the particular trick or routine they are doing. Also, mention the venue, and the type of person who might be present.

Then we can have a go at heckling that person. Obviously as the venue and the type of person present typically would.

He (the imaginary performer)then can try out some comebacks that he might consider appropriate, and we would rate them. Since we might have several scenarios going at the same time, be sure to add the name of the magician you are heckling.

Remember the hecklers are not to be rated. The hecklers might be drunk, angry, anything that might come up at a performance. They are free (As long as we follow the rules). If you are supposed to be a drunk, but the venue is a Mormon wedding.... This would probably be unneeded.

If you want to preach about saying nothing, must first do what is in the first paragraph. Then you can use your non-comebacks. If you decide to rate a comeback with that mind set, saying anything useless will be ignored by everyone who cares.

Who knows, we may come up with something original, and perhaps even a worker.

As this is the comedy section we should keep this light hearted, and we are not flaming, even if it comes across that way. We are (In the imaginary sense)heckling, adding comebacks, rating those comebacks (Perhaps harshly). And Don't use stock lines anymore than you have to. This is an exercise.

I will try to give an example.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I am busking, two blocks from a bar. I'm doing my rope routine. I ask for an audience member. Everyone seems hesitant. There are a lot of tourists in the area.

The heckler says:

(I hope this isn't too stupid, it seems like a good idea now)
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Just a loud guy heckler, having some fun: Hey magic man! Why don't you take a bath? maybe that's why noone going up there.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Retort: Well, I was hoping it would rain today, I'd at least get wet..... But a couple of bucks in the hat would guarantee a nice hot shower for me. Just kidding, I'd waste it all on food for my kids.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Ideas?
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
My thread is less complex.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Also less useful....... See your not following the rules! Now comes the downward spiral Smile
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Smile
Actually, your thread (And it is important) heckles individuals because of who they are (Loser Magicians) Mine is for performance situations.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Okay, I see.

But I thought you would busk nearer the bar?
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I like to avoid temptation. At least until my set is done, then I like to invite temptation.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Okay, I am performing at the palace, and about to reach the grand finale of my homage to le petomane and launch myself into the stratosphere by igniting one almighty donald trump, when the queen titters and says to prince charles, 'this is a lot of hot air charlie boy'....

You can imagine the anguish.

Perhaps I could then say.

'shut up you old bat whilst I ignite this anal perturbation!'

What do you think?

Corona.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Here's the point

Here's you

Smile

Nowhere near the point. Smile
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Perhaps another example from yourself might serve to elucidate matters causing the preverbial penny to drop in my dense bonce?
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
A:The second post was the magician giving a scenario.

B:The third was a hecklers.... heckling.

C:The fourth was the retort one might be able to use.

In a perfect world
*A* would be presented by person #1
there would be several people offering *B*
Several people would then offer up *C*

The some would point out flaws or additions even Kudos for *C*.

However, I really don't care that much about it now.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I got told once don't give up your day job. I took it as a compliment and that's the reason I'm still doing magic.

M:C
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Okay, I have just finished performing the complete works of Dai Vernon, when I offer the usual opportunity for the audience to shout out requests, one, who is not asleep, says 'yeah, gerroff!'.

What should I do?

Corona.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Ever watch "Naked Gun"? Do the romantic novel reading thing.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
I think the spectator has the Professor's work confused with an effect by Paul Harris. Still referencing "flapjacks", Corona.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 12:52, Josh Riel wrote:
Ever watch "Naked Gun"? Do the romantic novel reading thing.

No, I've never seen it. Wouldn't it be better to make some flapjacks anyway?
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
No
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Heckling role playing exercise. Might be a good one. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL