We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best Lethal Tender? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wiggenhorn
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
6 Posts

Profile of wiggenhorn
I've probably read through hundreds of posts about Lethal Tender but couldn't find a direct recommendation for which brand of Lethal Tender to purchase. I'd like to get it right the first time, and not later wish I'd bought a different set. It seems clear that Johnson doesn't currently (if they ever) made this, so that rules out an obvious first choice among the mass produced sets. There seems to be a Royal Magic version with a Bicycle card (about $20), a Sterling set with an unknown card (about $20), and another higher priced set (about $35) which also has a Bicycle card. Any advice?

-Christopher
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Good question. I actually want to buy a Lethal Tender set in Walkers. Can someone link me to a site which sells those?
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
772 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
I bought sterling years ago and now I sell them from my online shop. They are the best in my opinion. I also add an extra free half dollar with the set.
Close up coin magic.

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Don Sautter
View Profile
New user
Flagstaff, AZ
57 Posts

Profile of Don Sautter
Anything without a bicycle card is useless. I had one with a non-bicycle card and the card was suspect all the time. With a bicycle card version you can load the card into the top of a deck and pull it off to do the trick. It looks much better that way.

Just don't try to shuffle the deck with the card on top though. Smile
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Anyone bought the Euro version of Lethal Tender from Magicwarehouse? Any good? Or anyone know where I can get a Walkers set?
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
I find quality always lacking, but its a fantastic trick. Good for walkaround magic -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Why not contact the creator?

http://www.stevedusheck.com

He might by able to recommend some reputable people.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6747 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Love this...I don't use the card...this is one time I get out The Raven. This is the type of effect that was MADE for the Raven!

This one plays well in the spectator's hand...Put the coin in the center of the person's palm...just wave your hand (previously shown empty) over the coin...instant change! Immediately show your hand empty!

The playing card is good...I just didn't get a Bicycle card, and I don't feel like ordering another Lethal Tender just to get the Bike.

Doug
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
My orig. LT came with the funky small card and was presented as "an old card from a deck found in Grandpa's effects after he passed and kept as a reminder of him". I've also produced a Bike card from a deck. Then again I've just used the wallet as my cover (with card in place or in secret compartment).
As for the Chinese coin, I lost it ages ago and replaced it with a E. African dime. I have also come up with some different packaging but not willing to disclose at this time!
A lot of folks think LT is a amateurish trick however it can play extremely well in the right hands!
As Chad mentioned, this is another great Steve Dusheck creation so if you're doing it, keep that in mind and give credit where credit is due!
Mick
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4927 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best Lethal Tender? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL