We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is this true? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Number three is always true...when I was in the Navy you wouldn't believe how many girls lied when they told me they would love me long time.
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Uhm just a reminder guys, those are movie scene observations, not mostly in real life... though it may also be applicable. Heee. Easy on us girls. lol kidding.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Oh! I was referring to the movies to........ Obviously I wouldn't say that real life women lie! Shame on you Santa, obviously you didn't deserve the long time!
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Wow, I don't fit any of those catagories!?!?!

Wish I could comment? Can't! Even number 3; No woman has ever lied to me...

1) got most of my hair.
2) under 60 and I don't smoke or do martial arts.
3) see above.
4) I never cry and I treat myself.
5) DNA
6) DNA
7) DNA
8) DNA
9) DNA
10)DNA

Maybe I should watch more movies...lol
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
See in the old days you could have blatant stereotyping. Now you have to pretend everyone is equal. Like how they have left handed people treated as if they are not some kind of genetic abnormality. And the ugly guy can be a great asset to the hero, instead of the guy the hero makes fun of for being ugly.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've already contacted my people in Paranaque and Cavite to let them know to keep an eye on Cyssa.
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Le gasp. WHAT???!?!? How did you know I'm in PARANAQUE?! *insert random thriller soundtrack here*
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I know all along the South Super Highway my child.......
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3223 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Due to item 1, I will be destroying you all! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Soon, I, Bill Hallahan, will rule the entire universe, and you inferior peons will worship my magnificence!!!

First, however, I must chat with my nemesis and tell him my complete plans instead of killing him immediately, because, after all, he appears to be doing nothing meaningful, and my victory is assured.

(Long rambling rant about domination, superiority, etc., while my abused helpers mill about looking scared and preparing the weapon of doom).

No, wait, he's broken free... You incompetent fools, you've let him go ...

Get away!!! Kill him! Kill him you fools. Now before he ...

Aaaauuuughhhhhh!!!

--------

Update: Ross, I wrote all that without reading your post!
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3331 Posts

Profile of gaddy
26 Things The Movies Teach You...

1) Large, loft-style apartments in New York City are well within the price range of most people--whether they are employed or not.

2) At least one of a pair of identical twins is born evil.

3) Should you decide to defuse a bomb, don't worry which wire to cut. You will always choose the right one.

4) Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communications system of any invading alien society.

5) It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts: your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.

6) When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your bedroom will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.

7) If you are blonde and pretty, it is possible to become a world expert on nuclear fission at the age of 22.

8) Honest and hard-working policemen are traditionally gunned down three days before their retirement.

9) Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their arch enemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly gasses, lasers and man-eating sharks, which will allow their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.

10) All beds have special L-shaped cover sheets that reach the armpit level on a woman, but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.

11) All grocery shopping bags contain at least one stick of French bread.

12) It's easy for anyone to land a plane, providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.

13) Once applied, lipstick will never rub off--even while scuba diving.

14) You're very likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.

15) Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German or Russian officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German or Russian accent will do.

16) The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris.

17) A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating, but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.

18) If a large pane of glass is visible, someone will be thrown through it before long.

19) If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises in their most revealing underwear.

20) Word processors never display a cursor on screen but will always say: “Enter Password Now.”

21) Even when driving down a perfectly straight road, it is necessary to turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few moments.

22) All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.

23) A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.

24) If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you meet will know all the steps.

25) Police departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are deliberately assigned a partner who is their total opposite.

26) When they are alone, all foreign military officers prefer to speak to each other in English.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Josh & Bill
Did you ever hear that a bald, or fat man will never get ellected president? Josh don't go into politics.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 23:01, Josh Riel wrote:

I want to be Dick Cheney!

You're halfway there.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 13:06, Cyssa wrote:
I watch old school films when I'm bored. And from watching quite a lot, I've noticed these things.

A serious observation I've made.

I've noticed that when actors / actresses turn their heads in movies and on tv, more often than not
they keep their eyes shut while doing so. The sequence of actions is shut eyes, rotate head, open eyes.
I see this so often, I just can't believe it is a coincidence.

Is this a common acting technique and if so what purpose is it supposed to serve?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Al, a number of bald men and some fat ones have been elected president previously.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Quote:
9) Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their arch enemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly gasses, lasers and man-eating sharks, which will allow their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.

An additional rule is that all villians are incredibly wealthy or have evil friends in high places.

Fat people, no matter what's going on, are always stuffing their faces with the most disgusting sweet treats imaginable, unlike the hero(ine) who eats virtually nothing.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2817 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 20:32, rossmacrae wrote:
Remember, of course, that if you are a super-rich villain just about to achieve world domination, you must:

1 - Capture the only man who could ever defeat you and - NO! Don't kill him! - Bring him to your closely-guarded, fortified base, and explain to him at length exactly how he almost defeated you;

I love Jason Lee's line in "Dogma" when the Muse is asking him what he's planning; "Oh no. I've seen too many James Bond films to give all my secrets away!"

Quote:
2 - Install a prominent button or switch clearly marked "BLOW THE WHOLE PLACE UP - DO NOT PUSH!" and light it brilliantly with a red spotlight;

3 - Hire only the stupidest henchmen, and troops who can't shoot straight.

There's a book by Terry Pratchett called "The Last Hero." At one point, the hero, a 98 year old lunatic named Cohen the Barbarian runs into an old enemy "The Dark Lord."

I'm paraphrasing here; COHEN: "You knew the Code! You always hired really stupid henchmen who were easy to fool. And you dressed them up in those outfits with helmets that covered the entire face so we could use them to infiltrate your headquarters."

DARK LORD: "And don't think those things came cheap, either!"

Let's not forget "The Incredibles" where Frezone and Mr. Incredible are talking about old times.

FREZONE: So, he's got me. I'm a goner. And what does he do?

MR. INCREDIBLE: He monologs.

FREZONE: He monologs! By the time he's finished, I've worked my way loose and it's all over for him!
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 13:06, Cyssa wrote:
I watch old school films when I'm bored. And from watching quite a lot, I've noticed these things.

1. Bald men are often the antagonists. Therefore, bald men are bad.
2. Old men, who ages past 60, could do good kung fu as long as he smokes. (eh?)
3. Women always lie... they are always deceiving, and would cause the downfall of the protagonist.
4. Protagonist may have lots of bruises, but he won't wince.... if the leading lady treats him, he cries out loud.
5. Somebody kneels and cries out the name of the other person when someone from the series dies.
6. When the major protagonist and major antagonist face each other, they don't kill each other in an instant. Instead, they talk for a long time while doing gun acrobatics, etc.
7. The leading lady, when brought to the action scene, suddenly becomes a skilled whatever-she-is-supposed-to-be.
8. An action film won't be complete without a bed scene.
9. Bed scenes are often the happenings before the final encounter between major protagonist and antagonist.
10. There are absolutely no fat women. Fat women, most of the time, are the antagonists, who wear too much make up and perfume.

I'd add more observations soon.

I wonder how you guy's would react (esp sir riel) uhm.. hehehe (esp on item number one).. right.

Cyssa-

Are these mainly old Tagalog films you are summarizing. or perhaps Japanese and Hong Kong film noirs? I think some of these can port to American films, but definitely not to older American films as a whole.

We have a satellite subscription to various channels from the Philippines and the summary reminds me of a lot of characteristics in some of the older Tagalog movies I have watched. In modern Tagalog movies, I would not say the above list applies too much since most seem to be romance or fantasy lately...... You mentioned "series" in #5 above... The types of characteristics in Tagalog series (and probably American ones too) would generate a completely different list (in my opinion) since they are designed to appeal to a different audience.

James
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
A John Wayne movie pretty much follows that formula as well
Cards never lie
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2131 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Its all wrong.

All you need to make a movie is a gun and girl.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27236 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-09-06 09:59, Matt Colman wrote:
Its all wrong.

All you need to make a movie is a gun and girl.

May need to add some duct tape and some medical instruments but that seems to be the way these days.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is this true? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL