The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » $30 MP3 player (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Okay, I was in a drug store with my 2 year old son and he's pulling everything off the shelf like it's a game--you know the drill--and I'm putting stuff back almost as fast as he's pulling it off and bingo--I see an MP3 player for 30 bucks on sale. What the heck.
It's a CRAIG. So now I've got an MP3 player for my street show. Plugs into my voice amp. Does a great job for what it's worth. Used to use a CD walkman before this.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
That's a nice find. Just shows that it pays to play with your children!

Mark. Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, Mark. It's the size of a box of tic tacs. It makes me wonder if there are any other MP3 players that are worth a look see, other than the apple ipods I mean. They had other models there that were more money. This one was the cheapest and it was on sale. I wonder if any other of these lower end MP3 players can use an 3rd party radio remote like the IPOD can? Anyone know? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
915 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
The cheap players will never have the ton of accessories that the iPod does. The iPod is the "must-have" industry leader, the others are generic. If you get one, be prepared to use it as is. It's so inexpensive now for the electronics companies to make a simple player with a small amount of memory in it, they're basically impulse purchases (as your son helped you find out!) For the right setup, like your street gig, they should be fine...just Velcro it to your table in a place you can hit the "next track" button, and use a silent track in between music tracks, and you're set.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
That's a great suggestion! Thanks.

I, personally, wouldn't think about adding blank tracks in places where they would make sense. I'd be trying to find the stop button or something, making it hard on myself.

Mark. Smile
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
915 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Someone in one of the other threads mentioned the idea of the blank tracks in between the regular ones. Just make them about 20 minutes long. Then you can either have your regular track finish and the player will go to the next track (and be silent) or if you need to, just hit the button to go to the next track and the music will cut off. It's not as good the second way, you won't get a nice fadeout if you interrupt the music, but it's also a $30.00 solution.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Right. The silent tracks are there so the player can keep playing something--even if it's only silence--so that it doesn't go into sleep mode during an extended pause. It goes to sleep after a minute or two otherwise.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » $30 MP3 player (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL