The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Invisible water & diving ketchup & 3 D cube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
ditjen
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of ditjen
Science always mystifies the the people who slept through physics classes at school because it was too boring. We, with our current science, would be gods to the people of 500 years ago. Although these simple science tricks you mentioned would not be considered magic to me, the most elaborate magic tricks ALL depend on science knowledge. Take me for instance. I know rock climbing and mech. engineering and other various sciece things very well. I can create some awesome ways to defy gravity with levitation, but to the physics handicapped person, it seems like magic. Isn't that what magic is really about? Use unknown techniques like thread, wires, magnetism, super cooling, etc. mixed with some sleights and you've got magic.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I agree, my undergraduate degree was in physics. I am constantly amazed at the very educated people I run into in the world who do not understand the simple principles of physics. Principles of gasses and gas laws, matter, density,optics, simple electricity, etc. (I still love it when some clown decides to remove the positive battery cable from a car battery first, while leaning against the car body,and the wrench comes in contact with the frame, the look on their face as they get knocked on their butt is priceless) I am flabbergasted when someone tells me that you can't make metal float in water. Then I point out our huge battle ships and aircraft carriers, to which they respond "oh those are really made of wood, they just paint them to look like metal". Talk about hiding behind the door when brains were handed out.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
leaycraft
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of leaycraft
Fr. photius - I teach biology at HS level days and work as Pathology Assitant nites- Education has nothing to do with intelligence. What is amazing is that some of these "educated" manage to stay alive and function(?). I'm trying to incorporate magic as a way of showing stucdents that the real world is governed by natural laws and that real magic is what is in the mind. C&B still fools them use quick change ties and clothing to test powers of observation. BTW Im less than a 2 bit magician- Ill pay you. john
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." A. Conan Doyle," The Sign of Four"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Invisible water & diving ketchup & 3 D cube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL