The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Need comedy ideas for magic convention act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TroyRoark
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield IL
282 Posts

Profile of TroyRoark
Here's the premise, you heard it here first!

I've been fooling around with this "King Klash, the Color-Blind Magician!" idea.

The guy comes out, clashing from head to toe, huge thick lensed glasses. Does a routine to music making a silk disappear (with a hot pink thumb tip), color changing scarves (except when it comes out the other side, it's the same color), and acrobatic silks (when he pulls down on the silks they don't switch places, they stay the same color.)

This all happens unbeknownst to him, he's color-blind!

I need more ideas for tricks that require color that I can truly screw up in a funny way. I only plan to do this at magic events, mostly because they are the only ones that will find humor in the act. But also because things like thumb tips shouldn't be hot pink in front of laymen.

Please respond, I look forward to your comments.

Troy Roark
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
How about the colouring book?? You could do just the last 2 phases (or maybe even only the first phase!). Also, you could roll the book up and pour in a bunch of white crayons "to put some colour in the book" (PM if you don't know the method, although it doesn't take too much thinking!).

Sounds like a great idea for a routine, and offers the opportunity to knock 'em dead with a real colour changing something at the end!

Good Luck!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
You could do a rope routine using a small red piece of rope with a longer white piece of rope. Like how the teaching videos are done. Hold them joined together as "one piece of rope" then do your favorite routine with all the standard moves and possibly ring in a kicker ending to pull the rug out from under them.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
You could make your own jumbo hotrod with all the same colors on both sides, or have them pick a color and then say you'll change the whole thing to their color, only to have it change to the wrong color. Many possibilities with this one!
TroyRoark
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield IL
282 Posts

Profile of TroyRoark
These are great ideas! Exactly what I'm looking for. I'm also looking for a kicker. I have to do SOME magic.

Please continue the great ideas!

Troy Roark
amazingboz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of amazingboz
How about an entrance on a tricycle painted to your personal colorless theme!

AmazingBoz Smile
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Not at all new but worth considering is a torn and restored newspaper to color comic section.

Sid

Another thought? Hold up a red ball. Ask someone to name a color. Pass your hand over the red ball. When your hand is removed, the ball is still red. To clinch it, accidentally flash the red ball palmed in other hand.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Need comedy ideas for magic convention act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL