The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 'Panic' by Aaron Fisher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-01-25 01:45, magicman491 wrote:
Omg, I thought this was bad and everyone would tell the gimmick and they're bad angles etc. but now this is one of my fav tricks... it is so deceptive no one will catch you and it is a great trick... buy it now

That's the benefit of performing. 99% of those that order magic, never perform it........but they make sure they review it!
:rotf:
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Once you get the depth perception its just fantastic.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I have had this effect for a few years now. I have one of the 1st runs that came out. Never did perform it. Not sure way. It looks crazy cool. Thinking on bringing back out and putting it to work.
PaulSharke
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of PaulSharke
In his lecture on Penguin Magic he says it's the perfect opportunity for a de*k s****h.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Show a case empty (Marcus Eddie "EMPTY" gimmick) and place on table. Take out your apparent full deck and put the top 4 Aces in the empty case on table. Spread out deck in hands (Panic), compress cards in hands (or whatever it is you do) revealing that the deck turned in to 4 aces. Go to deck on table (EMPTY gimmick) which has been in full view the whole time (and has just been seen to be empty except for the 4 aces you just placed in) and show that the rest of the deck transposed back to the deck (minus the 4 Aces that are in your hand).

Did this today .. worked out great
InstantMagicBen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of InstantMagicBen
I ripped my gimmick in two by mistake! RIP Panic...
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 11:16, InstantMagicBen wrote:
I ripped my gimmick in two by mistake! RIP Panic...

Do you know any torn and restored card effects ? :0)
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I just bought Panic used recently and I really like it a lot.
When you first look at the gimmick you think "Oh no, this is exactly what I was hoping it wouldn't be."
I had never seen Aaron Fisher before but I thought he did an excellent job on the DVD. However, Wayne Houchin's direction was terrible-sorry Wayne, although possible it was the camera operators fault.
After playing with it a bit it really started to appeal to me. I think it could be a real mind blower, and I have a couple ideas of using it as lead-in to other effects.

The only difficulty I am having, is when showing the "deck" the cards keep bending downwards from side to side.
Anyone else experience this?
I've tried using my left forefinger and right thumb for support but still having problems.
It requires a certain amount of pressure to draw the cards down, but any pressure seems to bend the cards slightly, and to me ruins the illusion.
Guess I just need to keep working at it.
Very nice effect though. A lot of potential if I can get it down smoothly.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Good idea Mag1can, but how do you put 'Empty' on the table? Always considered it an 'in the hands' effect.
ManuManu
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of ManuManu
Hi Guys,
newcomer here and I had a question : I was Looking into purchasing Aaron Fisher's Panic which looks pretty simple and effective with proper training and work.
However it seems it is for mandolin back cards. And I only own normal rider back bicycles. They say it works fine but I'd like some first hand confirmation from recent buyers before purchasing it myself. Or do I need to buy a mandolin deck (which honestly I'd rather not have to do since I have a whole 12 decks cartridge at home).
Thanks
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Aaron shows how it can easily be done with Bikes by switching one card. No need to buy mandolins.
ManuManu
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of ManuManu
Fantastic. Many many thanks for the reply
Is there any link to this or is it on the DVD/video addons ?
I can imagin that for the beginning of the trick, just changing the top King would be OK, but I seem to remember that the end of the trick, he would show the 4 king's back (actually their half part with the usual rider back/mandolin on it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
WHAT! You mean I have had this all this time and it is not mad with a Bicycle Deck, are you kidding me. I have been doing this for several months and never notice the difference.

How dare they not made with Bicycle cards. I been ripped off!
ManuManu
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of ManuManu
1° solution : you're pulling my leg and I'm gonna fall for it Smile
2° solution : from what I gathered, they're made from Bicycle cards, not rider back though since the USPCC has decided to forbid any gaffing of their rider back cards. Hence the creation of the mandolin design. There are several posts here about it (http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com/additional_files/MANDOLIN%20DECK%20FAQ.pdf)

I finally purchased Panic from Penguin. Although I read somewhere about Aaron giving some more video/info on his website. Do we have access to this if we didn't buy the gaff+DVD on his website ?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Not to my knowledge, Aaron Fisher sends you a webpage address to view the added material, you have to register the product before getting this info as I remember. It has been a while since I have went their.
ManuManu
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of ManuManu
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 03:47, videoman wrote:

The only difficulty I am having, is when showing the "deck" the cards keep bending downwards from side to side.
I've tried using my left forefinger and right thumb for support but still having problems.
It requires a certain amount of pressure to draw the cards down, but any pressure seems to bend the cards slightly, and to me ruins the illusion.

Juste received my Panic from Penguin and having the same problem here. Any tips or is it just a matter of practicing ?

Also subscribed to Aaron's website, received an email with a link to a video file which is... exactly the same tutorial as the DVD content. Was it the same for you ?
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Smile I just received panic from Penguin Magic, what can I say, the Gimmick blow me away, not what I expected. Love it. Going to watch the DVD now.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Watched the DVD. The presentation on the DVD is great. I love these tricks that are easy to perform because it allows me to concentrate on the performance.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Quote:
On 2013-10-16 10:37, ManuManu wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 03:47, videoman wrote:

Juste received my Panic from Penguin and having the same problem here. Any tips or is it just a matter of practicing ?

Also subscribed to Aaron's website, received an email with a link to a video file which is... exactly the same tutorial as the DVD content. Was it the same for you ?

Same for me, I just got a link to a video which is the DVD.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Quote:
On 2012-11-24 12:42, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-24 12:04, Silver Glove Magic wrote:
Forgive me if I'm repeating a question here. But I'm curious how this effect is "totally examinable"? That doesn't seem possible after revealing the kings. Thoughts anyone? Thanks.

That's deceptive. Like many effects, something must be done first to make it that way.

Thanks!

Jim

In the words of a young 7 year old who was showing me is new trick…. before he performed it, he turned his back saying…."You know how it is with Magicians….we have to do stuff before we do stuff"… Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 'Panic' by Aaron Fisher (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL