The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Rugby World Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1391 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Ireland against France tonight!!! Im so nervous...Its huge...whoever loses basically is out Smile *CROSSES FINGERS*
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1391 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Ireland lost Smile Need to score 4 tries against Argentina and beat them by over 7 points.Probadly Ireland's greatest team ever and looks like for the first time in world cup history we will fail to advance to the Quarter Finals Smile It will take a mini miracle...

A Depressed,

Peter
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You know, had Ireland offered France the opportunity to surrender first they likely would have and you would have won by default.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4164 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2007-09-21 20:48, MagicSanta wrote:
You know, had Ireland offered France the opportunity to surrender first they likely would have and you would have won by default.

*ouch*
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1391 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Smile

A not as depressed,

Peter
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
I think o'gara screwed up. he kicked the ball far too many times. with the talent in the irish backs he should have sent the ball out most of the time instead of kicking
Mostly Harmless ^_^
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1391 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I totally agree Cheety!.To be honest Ronan O' Gara has been receiving poor press recently in regards to his personal life Smile The french media really went to town on him before the game.His not been himself for the last 3/4 months which is a shame.

We were playing beautiful rugby during the six nations and would of won it but for a late french try(those French again!)We had high hopes here in Ireland at least making the last four...but now it looks very unlikely that we are even going to make it past the group stage.4 tries and to win by over 7 points against Argentina(who are looking great) seems very very unlikely! Smile Our big players aren't palying I'm afraid and the line out has been a bit of a disaster!

The world cup apart from our performances has been great.The french have really taken it to their hearts and every game is very well supported!Few of the so called weaker Teams are making impact too..Tonga running South africa very close and should be interesting to see them against England to see who will make it out of the group with South Africa.

Im glad to see another rugby fanatic on these boards Cheety Smile
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1391 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Fiji are through to the last 8!!!!!! *Delighted*

Ireland have a moutain to climb tomorrow against the Puma's!! Fingers crossed!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1391 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Ireland are out Smile

Best Of Luck To Argentina..
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I have been too busy lately to check if their were any threads about the rugby but I am happy there is. I think there is a very strong possibility that the semi finals are going to be played between 4 southern hemisphere teams. It would be great though if Argentina is allowed to join the current tri-nations tournament next year. They are certainly getting their game up to par.
I think South Africa has the easiest of the quarter final games but there after it is going to be slaughter. Cant wait.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Oh forgot to mention that I am thrilled that there are five out of the top eight from the Southern Hemisphere.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1391 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey abc!

Yup South africa will beat Fiji : No offence buddy but I'll be going for the underdogs Smile I love their brand of rugby.The game against Wales was rugby at its best! Though South Africa should be too strong and cruise into the last 4

All Blacks will beat France : This should be acracker!! Its on in Cardiff which kinda takes away from the French home advantage though I'd imagine the french will still obviously be out in full force.Should be a great game but If I were to bet money on it I'll go for New Zealand.

Austrailia will beat England : World Champs wont get past the last 8.They had a poor six Nations and to be honest a shadow of what they were in years gone by.Its a rebuilding stage I'm afraid of English Rugby.Austrailia to win by least over 20.Being Irish this makes me smile Smile

Argentina will beat Scotland : Scotland have one of the best in form field goal kickers in all of World Rugby.Patterson in range will do damage but Argentina with Hernandez leading are a tough team to play(as they showed against us) Tactically they are fantastic! Puma's to win by over 10.

Its been a great competition so far! Shame our "golden" team performed so poorly Smile So much expected but we fell flat on our faces Smile Cant wait for the weekend games!! Smile
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I don't think we will walk Fiji but I think there will be 10 points in the game with about 20 minutes to spare and we will add another 10 points to win by 20. I dint mind who you support as long as when you support the other team they shouldnt win. LOL
France NZ will be the same as SA vs Fiji.Tight 55 or 60 minutes and then an explosion fom NZ. I actually think they may win by as many as 30 points but I'll stick to 20 to be safe.
The English have a great pack and I think they may get the upper hand at some points over the Aussies and with Wilkinson playing (glad he didn't against us) there may be enough opportunities for England to score so I think the Aussies by 10 to 15.
I agree with you on the Argentinian game and depending on how many shots at goal Patterson gets they should win by 10.
Now all we have to do is wait for the weekend and then see what happens.
On a final point I think it is a sin that O Driscoll is going home. He is one of the modern greats and the way Ireland fluffed it is second only to Wales being beaten by Fiji unless they happen to beat South Africa but then I'll be really P%^&.
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
That was a huge shock. never dreamt that england would do that. well that makes it easier for the all blacks in the semis or I am thinking too far ahead?
Mostly Harmless ^_^
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
England beat the Aussies. Good job lads. That showed 'em.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1391 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Unreal!!!! I was actually going for England during the game...to be honest I usually go for anyone rather than England but they showed great heart!Their scrum and the amount of turnovers(9 I think) won them the game! Great stuff!!!

Less than an hour to go for the big game in Cardiff!All Blacks have had it all their own way and have not been tested while France have played pretty much do or die games in their last three outings...this may stand to them like it did for the English Smile

Cant wait!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1391 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
All Blacks are out!! They had no real tough game coming into this match and suffered as a result.Of course with Carter,Collins and replacement out half Evans going off injured it didn't help their cause.

WOW what day in world cup history!!Im shocked at the results maybe South Africa are next!Though its a shame Nicky Little will be missing because of injury...Fiji will struggle without him Smile
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Just to break the fluke here I predict Fiji will beat South Africa by 15. Let's hope I am wrong again.
What a shocker although that does our changes a lot of good.
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
No way that's gonna happen SA too good.

all blacks out can't believe it, although I wasn't convinced that the were as good as all those people predicted after the unconvincing performance in the tri nations. but I thought they would atleast make it to the finals. well 4 more years then.
Mostly Harmless ^_^
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Rugby is a made up word.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Rugby World Cup (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL