The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Ungaffed 3 card monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Donnay
View Profile
New user
N. Ireland
49 Posts

Profile of Donnay
Where and what is the best book or DVD to learn this. i have skinners version but would love to do it with a regular deck.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Try daryls video/dvd . It covers ungimmicked and gimmicked versions. It has everything you will ever need to know
Daryl Does The Full Monte . http://www.llpub.com Smile
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
Whit Haydn's "School for Scoundrels Book on the Three Card Monte" will tell you everything you need to know: techniques, history, applications, anecdotes.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
Check out http://www.5fingermagic.com/_tricks.htm

There is a video there that teaches the basic move for three card monte with ungaffed cards.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
there is one in "expert at the card table" I think.
Hernan
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
126 Posts

Profile of Hernan
Start here
http://www.chefanton.com/entertain/SSTCM.htm

start drooling
Buy the "Notes on 3 card Monte" but skip the video if you are low on cash.

Definately buy Daryls video. get the DVD if there is one. You only need this video (but the "Notes" help out alot)

Eventually get the School for scoundrels video. It is a sleazy low budget genre piece that could be nominated for an Oscar. I don't think they concentrated on teaching the beginner much grifting, But they obviously had a great time shooting it.

The strangest thing? They all sort of assume you are a grifter. And after a while the thought creeps into your head.
AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
I have Daryl's DVD and its great! Takes a bit of practice, ( actually... more than abit. ) And he covers many sleights for you to put together yourself. He also teaches various routines so you can pick one yourself.

I had been playing around with it awhile... I realised that I should keep it a short routine... some people eventual catch on.
Oh... and when possible.... use two exactly the same non-winnner cards..... much better... even though you can use similar cards.

What's a grifter?
Gerald
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
321 Posts

Profile of Gerald
Donnay-
You will want to study Vernon's handling in "Further Inner Secrets of Card Magic" by Lewis Ganson. There is also an old book on the subject by John Scarne which has some really great ideas.

Good luck,

Gerald
jcmagic
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis
16 Posts

Profile of jcmagic
Consider the Emerson's Three card monte.
Smile
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3322 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Daryl does the full monte! Just got it in the mail last night. Very , very good! Covers almost everything in detail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Ungaffed 3 card monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL