The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Distortion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Hmmmm?!?....!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Hmmmm?!?....!
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Quote:
On 2007-09-12 23:39, shek wrote:
This is the first time I've seen a moving pip trick in action, so as you can imagine, this is pretty exciting Smile. I heard that the gimmick only came in blue bicycle version though, and since I use red bikes...well, ok, not the greatest reason not to get this, but I too would like to see a large, detailed review on it before buying.

I heard from Theory11 that when it's released in Oct. that you'll have a choice between Red and Blue. You'll also be able to purchase just the gimmick if you own the DVD.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Its all about what I can carry with me on a day to day basis, so if it is that delicate then I might have to pass. Itwas the same way with my my Hover Card. great illusion but very delicate.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I was just about ready to order this after learning how delicate the gimmick is I will have to pass on this . I have some gimmick cards I have used for years at many shows & hold up fine. As soon as I hear the word DELICATE not for me.
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
320 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
If you feel uncomfortable carrying your hover card than stay far away from the distortion gimmick. I would suggest if you like the moving pip gimmick, get the seo magic version. It is awesome and of high quality, will last a very long time!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Link for that?
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Man, this is tempting. Im not much of a card guy, but this defiantly has to be one of the strongest card illusion I have ever seen. If the visual response is so powerful, Im sure the effort needed to keep the gimmick safe would be well worth it. I might have to pick this up soon. -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I mean come on how delicate is this. I know WOW is delicate but I carry it with me in a packet trick wallet all day. Now is this something that can sit in a card box inside a card gaurd all day? Can it just be in the deck for when ready to use or would it have to be an opener or a stand alone effect. I doubt that I can have it in the deck and shuffle right? Just want to make the right purchase here.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Jonxodus do you have a link for the Seo magic version ?
Thanks,
Tops
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Oh yeah, that too
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Paisa has a good point if you can carry the gimmick in a card box all day then no problem. Unless you mean the gimmick is Delicate while performing the effect (wear & tear) ?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yes, I am interested to know this too. It looks good but what is the delicate factor?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
With correct handling, the gimmick should last for one to two hundred performances easy. Wayne warns against several things not to do on the DVD, and those things should be taken note of. One must also keep in mind other factors, such as how the gimmick is stored and what the climate is. It is easily worth the money in my opinion if you're into this type of over-the-top visual effects and replacements can be bought once you've made the initial purchase for $10 a pop, which is a pretty good deal if you ask me.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Bunch of Teases!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Yeh stop teasing !!
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
320 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
You can get the seo magic gimmick from penguinmagic for $15 which will last MUCH longer than the distortion gimmick, although there is no different index on the seo magic gimmick which is why the moving pip from theory11 has a slight advantage. But when it comes to precision quality I cannot rec. the seo magic gimmick enough. So much easier to move the pip, you can show the gimmick and people would actually think its a normal card, no need to move/shake your hand. Perfect for performing Cyril's moving pip routine.
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Am I reading this correct?????
the index changes on the distortion gimmick????????
I own the seo magic gimmick and it is great, but there is a move to have the index change.

Sebashtion H.
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
320 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
Just PM'ed you about it..
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Hey Hey someone PM me, I couldn't find the Seo Gimmick at penguin. I want to be part of the cool kids.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Distortion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL