The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The first week of September (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
And here at 53 degrees N, fall is already beginning. Leaves are starting to turn, and the geese are flying I formation. The night is getting cooler and it's starting to get dark before bed time.

Sigh.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Sigh ditto.

Jeff
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Please keep that (depressing) information to your self...lol The summer went by wayyyy too fast! But just to make you feel better, it's in the 80's with the humidity in the 70's, here in beautiful, sunny, NYC...

Ice Road Truckers Rule!
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
54 degrees North here...

--sigh--
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Anyone want the weather report from the Tropics? Last December it got down to almost 60 at night! Oh shiver.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
--even bigger sigh--
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
What summer?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Here in the lovely desert of Nevada it is in the 90s, dry, Steve Fossett is still missing, but it will be cold in a couple months. I can't tell if leaves are turning, we don't have trees.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Quote:
I can't tell if leaves are turning, we don't have trees.

I thought you guys had imported palm trees there. In fact, isn't everything imported except for the sand? Smile
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
September in Kona...
Coffee ripens on the trees...
Soon it will be October.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
In Vegas they bring in palm trees....I'm 403 miles from Vegas.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Our heat wave knocked out our elecrical power for 28 hours last week, and KO'd our house alarm system. Foooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
It's about 85 degrees (30C) here just outside of Nagoya, and it smells like rain.

Bill
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Man, I wish I was in Japan. I've not had Japanese food since I moved out here and I'm about ready to chop up a trout and put it in with some rice.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Our paper shop blew away.

-sigh-
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I saw the sun once...its peeked out from under the clouds...must of seen my obesse neighbour about to sunbath and once again went into exile.Damn the Irish Weather..damn it to Siberia!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Try some cloud busting.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
September in Florida...90+ degrees & 100+% humidity everyday, $150+ monthly electric bills (AC runs 24/7 fulltilt), peak of hurricane season, thunderstorms with 1000+ lightning strikes in an afternoon, mosquitoes as big as humming birds (with a hum just as loud)...hmmm counting (nervously) the days until November 30th (end of hurricane season & cooler temps, double sigh)...hooray!!
Cardamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>> Dom
:) Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Summer in northern Germany this year:

May was as hot and dry as a typical August.
August was as cool and wet as a typical May.
The months in between were unpredictable.
September has so far been cold and rainy.

***sigh***
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-09-09 16:34, Dannydoyle wrote:
Anyone want the weather report from the Tropics? Last December it got down to almost 60 at night! Oh shiver.

Whenever I hear people brag about tropical weather, I'm reminded of a Reader's Digest story.

Two good friends were always in a state of on-ups-manship. One had to move to Southern California while the other stayed behind in New England.

One day, the friend in NE gets a letter. In the letter is a picture of his friend, in short sleeves and shorts, leaning against a lawn mower. On the back of the picture was written; "This was taken on December 25th."

He sent a letter back to his friend. In the letter was a picture. In the picture, the friend from NE was sitting in an overstuffed armchair with a dog at his feet by a roaring fire in the fireplace. Written on the back was; "Sorry to see you're still mowing the grass on Christmas Day!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The first week of September (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL