The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Getting Busted by a spec- your reactions ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
DylanTolly
View Profile
New user
Australia
94 Posts

Profile of DylanTolly
Matt, you are acting incredibly childish... Your opinion is not the be all and end all simply because it's 'your' opinion. That's arrogance, a characteristic that NOBODY likes in a personality. Just because you disagree with some people in this thread, does not mean you have to insult people in a little temper tantrum.

Other people are entitled to their own opinions, and you should respect that. There is a huge difference between deliberately exposing magic, and making mistakes whilst performing the art. You are kidding yourself if you believe you never make mistakes while performing, everyone does. When it happens, like all of the respected members of the magic community have already pointed out, the most important thing to do about it is LEARN from it...

-Dylan
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-09-29 18:40, Magicmatt1982 wrote:
Look after this I am done with you all. It was not that they guy bumped his hands on the talbe. That ok I will give to yopu people do that all the time. What I was saying was toward what you all were saying. That it is ok and do not let it bug you kind of things. I am a professional and because of that I am not going to waste my time talking to you. I have other things to do. O and by the way I am proud of having a DVD come out from magic maker inc. They are a great company. Gusse what all magic companyies screw up (ickle pickle what ) but people still buy from them. So get over it. Any ways good by.

Get a load of this guy!!!!! He comes on here talking about "magical treason" and "you should all be ashamed of yourselves". He talks about exposure and the mask magician...

THEN HE SAYS THAT HE HAS A DVD COMING OUT WITH MAGIC MAKERS!!!!!!!! THE BIGGEST THIEVES IN THE BUSINESS!!!!

ARE YOU SERIOUS MATT!!!!

I truly hope you are done with all of us.....Wishfull thinking? I hope not...

Grow up hipocrite...

I beg of all of you NOT TO PURCHASE HIS DVD FROM THIEVES. THAT WOULD BE MAGICAL TREASON!!!

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 8:39pm
SO GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!

I was over on the dvd forums and was reading the review of Ben Salinas "the reserve", a Magic Makers release. I scrolled down and low and behold a quote on the dvd from Magimatt1982!!!! Here it is:

On June 19, 2007 Magicmatt1982 wrote: "I watch this dvd when it came into my families magic shop. It is all a rip off. I have talked to Rob(Stiff) about it but he does not care. So those are my thoughts".

You can check it out yourself!
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=111&21

Can you believe this guy????? He knows that Magic Makers is bad and he is still "releasing" a DVD with them just to get his silly little name out. Talk about Treason!!!! You are a real piece of work Matt and should be ashamed of yourself. I can't believe you have the nerve to come on here and point fingers like you did, unbelievable. What does Ice Mcdonald think of this?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
DylanTolly
View Profile
New user
Australia
94 Posts

Profile of DylanTolly
Touche Hart Keene.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
The other night my wife and I were at a restaurant with two othe couples. One of them burned the magish's hands (this guy is one of the best restaurant workers ever - years of experience starting with Schulien's and the New York Lounge in Chicago).

One of the guys proceeds to tell the magish how he did the card stab - he was slightly close to it.

Here is what the magish said, VERY calmly and in a friendly way - "don't let anyone else know that you know" This guy repeats himself (!).

What did the magish do? He repeated his line word for word -

and that was that. The conversation went on.

I learned a lot that night about this type of situation (the whole presentation was fabulous btw).
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Magicmatt1982
View Profile
Loyal user
Southeren IL
296 Posts

Profile of Magicmatt1982
I just want to let everyone of you know that you have taken what I have said why out of context. This is my last post ever on here. THat is all I am saying about that.

Magic Makers. I have talked to rob and things are going well. Rob is not doing busniess like he did. My video is something that I am very proud of. I have credit the right people on it. Every has thee own thoughts about other people. But Rob like everyone else has done bad things. But he has done a great job of cleaning up now. by the way I do not get why every attack Magic Makers but when there are people like steve bender from ickle pickle in st louis it is ok to rip off. anyways. I hope you all the best but I am moving on.
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
I guess since I started the thread I should respond now. Matt, the biggest problem people are having with your statement is it's sweeping condemnation of anymagician who has any problem occur during the performance of an effect. Of course we should follow magic rule #1 ( or is it #3) to practice, practice, practice. or should it really be rehearse rehearse rehearse? But you can not control everything!
Your statement allude that when ( during a sponge ball routine) the spectator opens his/her hand too soon that is magical treason? When a gust of wind blows over the 4 aces assembled before the final revelation? When a waiter bumps your hand by accident and you dropped a palmed coin? When a 4 year old kid comes over looks directly under your cards, sees them for what they really are and yells it out loud? Should I wear my mask of shame now ? We are human and divinely blessed to err. You can be confident without being arrogant. But you came across as saying "I never make mistakes and if you do you are hurting magic" . If you can honestly say you have never made a technical mistake ( whether someone called you on it or not) ,then sign up for FISM. You feel so deeply what you said was right and it would be right if 2 things were true 1) one we are all robots expected to be perfect an 2) if Magic really meant a darn in the grand scheme of life.
I hold no ill will to you Matt, heck I even may buy your DVD, but don't judge your fellow magi in such a broad stroke.
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-10-04 10:17, Magicmatt1982 wrote:
I just want to let everyone of you know that you have taken what I have said why out of context. This is my last post ever on here. THat is all I am saying about that.

Magic Makers. I have talked to rob and things are going well. Rob is not doing busniess like he did. My video is something that I am very proud of. I have credit the right people on it. Every has thee own thoughts about other people. But Rob like everyone else has done bad things. But he has done a great job of cleaning up now. by the way I do not get why every attack Magic Makers but when there are people like steve bender from ickle pickle in st louis it is ok to rip off. anyways. I hope you all the best but I am moving on.

Uhhh....its not ok ever!

So a few months after your post saying that Magic Makers is a rip off you are now defending them? Could this be because you now have something to gain from them?

I hope you all the best as well...sellout.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
523 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I think this is going to be one of those things that no matter what you do or say the opinion of the other side simply does not matter and Matt will only get more defensive if he continues to post. It just isn't worth it to argue about it. Easiest thing to do is not buy the DVD.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-10-04 17:23, sibbie wrote:
I think this is going to be one of those things that no matter what you do or say the opinion of the other side simply does not matter and Matt will only get more defensive if he continues to post. It just isn't worth it to argue about it. Easiest thing to do is not buy the DVD.

You bet I won't be buying it! The point is he is working with thieves...

Thieves that he labeled as thieves a few months ago. He didn't think someone would run into his other post on another thread. That or he forgot he posted it since it was a few months back.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
On getting caught.....
When it's happened to me with a kid I just shrug it off and pull out the 'ole Slydini silks to challange the know it all. When it's an adult I readily admit it's just a TRICK and move on.
princehal
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
214 Posts

Profile of princehal
I was at dinner tonight, and did a coin through table with a coin unique. The $&*#* quarter was upside down. No one noticed. I was sure someone would have noticed as I flipped the half, but no one did. I just kept going as if all were normal.

When I have been caught, it has always been by children. Sometimes adults might see something and not say anything. Children blurt it right out. Tough audience!
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9488 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I'll give you a worse scenario.

I had a magician break my thread on purpose then walk away!

Want the ame of the rascal...PM me.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1187 Posts

Profile of Jared
Some moves look suspicious (even executed well) and you might get caught. Bill Malone touches on this during his explanation of his 'Keeping the Money Safe!' routine. In a nutshell, he challenges the spectator to try and catch 'the move' as he executes it. If they do catch him, then nothing's lost because it served it's purpose of helping to get to the next <stronger> phase of the routine.

-Jared
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-10-04 10:17, Magicmatt1982 wrote:

I don't think you realized that Rob Stiff..IS... Ben Salinas's UNCLE!

Now I KNOW you regret hooking up with them.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Recently when people have said "i know how you did that" I have found myself handing them the deck of cards and then saying "well can you do it, then I can g home?"

if you say it in the right way it can be humorous Smile
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
343 Posts

Profile of dlachance
I usually just say something like "well how would you do it?" (toungue and cheeky)....

Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
Mississippi's Favorite Birthday Party Magician and Family Entertainer
www.magicbydorian.com
www.magicalmississippibirthday.com
ptigue
View Profile
New user
Alabama
95 Posts

Profile of ptigue
The other night my father got busted doing a cut and restored rope. When the kid (i.e., teenager) came up and called him on it, he replied, "Am I going to have to do it again just for you to make sure you were paying attention?"

The kid walked away quietly.
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
897 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
Show me someone whos never screwed up during a paid gig,or any gig come to that,and I will show you someone who hardly ever performs..........Smile
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
darkdean
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of darkdean
I hated it when I would hear them whisper I'll tell you later but it got me thinking just because they think they know how its done it does not make it a bad trick or performance and it does show they were paying attention and interested.

So when I hear it or see a telling glint in there eye I just smile and carry on.

and try very hard to ignore that nagging feeling in my head about what I did wrong.Smile

Dean
WilburrUK
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of WilburrUK
I just hope Matt doesn't do any spelling tricks. He's a traitor to the English language.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Getting Busted by a spec- your reactions ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL