The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bad rough cut promo. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2QncFIObys

Crappy camera, bad sound, awful area (Charleston WV, no one there knows what a street performer is) and me with one of the worst back and neck aches of my life!

Hope you like it.

this was more of an emergency promo to show a potential client, better stuff coming soon, shot in HD...ooooooohhhhhhhh

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
There are so many things wrong with that, I don't even know where to start?

YOU say it's a BAD rough-cut promo. Why on earth would you send that to a prospective client??? If you don't have anything of value to send, it would be better to send NOTHING. This promo clip only tells me that you don't care enough about your own product. So, why would a client think that you would care about their event?

You know how to do a few tricks, but lack audience relationship. Stop asking for applause. ("let's hear it for...") Learn some personal relations, how to deal with people and learn how to talk to people.

You ARE NOT a street performer. Just because you performed outside does not mean that you can call yourself a street performer. You are insulting REAL street performers. Where was the crowd? You can't even gather a crowd. Standing on a chair and yelling is lame. You don't have the slightest clue as to what street performing is. And, that in it self is an insult to all the hard working street performers out there.

You need to do your homework. Where was the performance? What was that? You have guts; I’ll give you that. But I think you have a bigger ego; otherwise you would see that you are not ready.

Sorry to be the one to tell you. But I have worked the streets for several years in NYC. I know some of the world’s best street performers. And I can say from experience, you would get eaten alive in New York.

Bad. In so many ways…

Do your self a real favor and get rid of that video before someone finds out how bad you really are. Go back to the drawing board, do more studying and then maybe in a few years you’ll be ready.

Come on, be real! Who in their right mind would hire you after seeing that?

You asked for it.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2133 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Ouch Mr Style, that's a kick in the gooseberries.

I liked it, needs work but I see the potential.

M:C
Head Magician @ Illusions Magic Bar - Bristol.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I'll PM Brett with specifics, but I agree with Justin.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Justin I can't believe you talk to a fellow performer in that manner on a public forum. You want to talk what is bad, that uncalled for rant was it. Very disappointed in your manner. Better when that opinionated, to PM and find out the circumstances and discuss. To judge another without any show of respect based on a single poorly shot and terribly edited (Bret did not make the vid) is stunning. That was not Brets 'show' or act...it was a dopey video, granted but man oh man, I think you need to take some inventory of manners and decency. If you have advise to offer a fellow (and young) performer, one might consider the old Golden Rule. I KNOW you know better.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1640 Posts

Profile of randirain
I agree with Doug.

But I liked it.
Nothing special, but still wasn't bad.
Give him a break.

Randi
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
However, let this be a lesson to anyone posting a video on an open forum: Respect disappears when the Internet is involved.

To prove the point: Josh the Superfluous is smelly!
I would never say that to his face, as I fear Kosher meals. Also he lives very close to those saltwater puddles. That gives me the creeps too.

As to the "Street Magic" aspect, keep it up. The street will teach you what you need to learn. If you have buskers in the area, make friends. Get an education in that field.
And if what you got from Justin (Which I agree was a little too much, and more than a bit off kilter) will break you, forget the street, them folk are mean. Justin is just bitter.

P.S. Blockhead stuff sucks. So do conservatives and religion.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2007-09-12 17:06, Josh Riel wrote:
... So do conservatives and religion.

yes.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Stop that! Religious and Political talk is strictly forbidden.

You need to start paying more attention.

And don't use the excuse: "I was only quoting you". A man has to take responsibility for his own actions!
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Not all Conservatives are Religious just like all Leftys are not cringe worthy cowards and worship France...I think.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Yes they are!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I liked it. The rough cutting and grainy film are absolutely appropriate for the act. I don't know what clients will think of it, but as a side-show-on-main-street mini-documentary, I thought it worked.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Brett, I have to say that the VIDEO was OK and not as BAD as Justin said it was. The ACT that you did on the street is what SOME Colleges are looking for. They are looking for a Unique Act that is different from the rest. I believe that if you work on your ACT some more and perfect it, the college circut might be the way to pursure your career for now. Shoot a Professional Video and send it to the colleges. They are looking for FREAK PRODIGY'S.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Josh #2,

There are so many things wrong with your posts, I don't even know where to start.

Why on earth would you post like that to in a public forum??? If you don't have anything of value to post, it would be better to post NOTHING. Your posts only tell me that you don't care enough about your own comments. So, why would someone reading them think that you would care about this forum?

You know how to write a few words, but lack meaning. Stop typing. ("Blockhead stuff sucks...") Learn some personal relations, how to deal with people and learn how to talk to people on line.

You ARE NOT a forum poster. Just because you posted on a forum does not mean that you can call yourself a forum poster. You are insulting REAL forum poster. Where was the meaning? You can't even express a thought. Typing dumb sentences on a computer is lame. You don't have the slightest clue as to what forum posting is. And, that in it self is an insult to all the hard typing forum posters out there.

Sorry to be the one to tell you. But I have posted for several years in numerous forums. I know some of the worlds best forum posters. And I can say from experience, you would get eaten alive in some threads.

Bad. In so many ways

Do your self a real favor and get a mod to delete all your posts before someone finds out how dumb you really are. Go back to the drawing board, do more studying and then maybe in a few years you'll be ready.

Come on, be real! Who in their right mind respond to you after reading your posts?

You didn't ask for it.
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I respond to his posts all the time! Am I wrong?
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Doug,

There are so many things wrong with that question, I don't even know where to start.

Why on earth would you ask that??? If you don't have anything of value to find out, it would be better to ask NOTHING. Your question only tells me that you don't care enough about your own answers. So, why would I think that you would care about my answer?

You know how to ask a few things, but lack questionability. Stop asking. ("Am I wrong...") Learn some personal relations, how to deal with people and learn how to ask them questions.

You ARE NOT a questioner. Just because you asked something does not mean that you can call yourself a questioner. You are insulting REAL questioners. Where is your answer? You can't even get a decent answer. Typing a bad question is lame. You don't have the slightest clue as to what to ask. And, that in it self is an insult to all the hard working inquisitive people out there.

Sorry to be the one to tell you. But I have asked quite a few questions. I know some of the world's best questioners. And I can say from experience, you would get answered to death in Detroit.

Do your self a real favor and get rid of your curiosity before someone finds out how little you really know. Go back to the drawing board, do more studying and then maybe in a few years you'll be ready.

Come on, be real! Who in their right mind would answer you after seeing that?

You "asked" for it.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Wow. JTS, those are perhaps the best posts I've ever seen at the Café.

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
BWAH HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA.

anyway, here is another one of me, this time in Coney Island (working for the coney island sideshow), in front of about 700 people on the board walk.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x1JY8iK4UEY

They seemed to like me.

Justin, I anxiously await your critique.

Brett.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Josh #2
There are so many things wrong you, I don't even know where to start?

Burn in hell... followed by all the stuff Justin said, but replace the meaningless stuff with "Burn in hell"

So basically: Burn in hell. Not figuratively, but scientolologically. I don't believe in hell, I believe in aliens.

You asked for it.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Freak Prodigy, your shirt looked goofy, no one believed the whole sword swallowing thing. It was a dagger, not a sword. Why don't you just grow up and learn to juggle. Jugglers are rich.

I live in Yakima and the gay white guys would love that act.

That was totally disrespectful to everything. It was your fault.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bad rough cut promo. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL