We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bad rough cut promo. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I would try to stay away from those jugglers. They are one step from Carney.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2007-09-13 11:11, Josh Riel wrote:
I would try to stay away from those jugglers. They are one step from Carney.

John Carney was a great man, how dare you besmirch his name on this forum. John Carney a juggler...I never...
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
JTS is FUNNY and better looking than JR.

Doug, you're such a sweetheart! Good 'ol boy. Everyone gets a gold star in Doug's class.

I'm not bitter. I am not coming down on the kid personally, never met him. I don't even care about the poor quality of the video. Everything else needs work. He has the guts to do it, so I believe with growth he will improve and become almost as good as Josh R.

I didn't know you guys were playing vote for the worst? I should have known.

Just because I don't talk like you doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. I stand by what I said; he will get eaten alive in NYC. I will tell you the truth, not sugarcoat it and blow smoke up your butt. Listen to me or not, it's up to you. If you do, I'll always tell you the truth. Some people can't handle that. I speak from years of experience working the streets and parks. I’ve learned from and worked with some of the world’s best street performers. I have been at it since the mid 80’s and have worked the streets from coast to coast.

These guys are playing with your head, trying to fill you with false hope. If they cared at all, they would offer some sound advice. Instead they want to turn it into a parody and take the focus away.

The world is full of phonies and frauds that walk around in suits and ties. They pat you on the back and to your face tell lies. Call me what you want kid, but at least you know that I will tell it to you like it is.

Here’s what I liked about the clip:

The kids playing the drum and flute (I think it was a flute, anyway?)
You had the B***s to go out and do it.

So, with that said. I watched the second clip and I say this:

That’s the clip you should have submitted…

Good luck kid. Don’t listen to those guys.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I would like to point out that I was anything but supportive.

At least Justin has high self esteem.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
That's because I'm tall...
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Brett gets good sound advise OFF the forum...which was my point Justin. From me, from Todd Robbins, from Harley Newman...nobody's blowin smoke at him, we clean his clock when called for...but we also don't call folks out, make them uncomfortable and embarass them in public because we think we know it all...shove your gold star and your 'good ol boy' crap...

I grew up in and worked NY when you weren't even a sperm...Todd reigns in NY...NY is no different from any other place except maybe safer with a bigger head.

Your advise if good is better served in a PM or eMail otherwise it's just showing off to call attention to yourself.

These guys turned it to humor to take the edge off...it's what they do.

And the clip he should submit hasn't been done yet.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Ouch Doug, have some coffee. Are you even a magician? I thought you were a DJ? Know I understand...he gets "schooled" by you!

Save the Wales!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Justin chill.Doug forgot more about what Brett does than any magician will ever know.Brett or Doug aren't magicians...they are both way too smart for that.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2007-09-13 12:14, Justin Style wrote:
I’ve learned from and worked with some of the world’s best street performers.

These guys are playing with your head, trying to fill you with false hope. If they cared at all, they would offer some sound advice. Instead they want to turn it into a parody and take the focus away.

The world is full of phonies and frauds that walk around in suits and ties.

But are you one of the world's best? Wait, you must be, since you can produce 10 coins out of one hand!!!

That is sort of the point, to make a joke out of the whole thing, I know what was wrong with the video. The advice I get doesn't come off the internet, the advice I get comes from people like Simon Lovell, Todd Robbins, Doug and a hand full of others.

I embrace those phonies and frauds...it's in my blood. Hey, Justin do you want to buy an "Emergency Blackout Kit"? Come here, I'll tell you all about it. Nah, I think you're an "Asian Horn Nut" sort of guy.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Actually Don, I started out as a Magician in '64. haha.

The rest of this goes to PM or I'll be guilty of what I ask others to reconsider.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Hey Doug!

Who are you?!
Blog:
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Todd's Illigitimate Grandfather.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
That makes Todd my brother.
Blog:
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11175 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
YEE-HAA!! Now THIS is a FREAKSHOW!!! Better than puttin' an armload of wet cats in a box with a naked know-it-all and then shaking it up!! No... I take that back... it's about the same thing! Smile Go cats, go!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bad rough cut promo. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL