The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Help for Stage act... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Ok...I am in DESPERATE need of help.

I don't do stage. But it is raining like crazy out here and I was in my room and I thought of this super cool stage act.

I was talking to one of my friends on AIM so I will just paste what I told him I want to do.

starts off with a bare hand wand production...from there a silk is produced....then the wand vanishes..then the silk vanishes....then what I need to figure out to do is make a different colored silk appear... then make a candle appear..light the candle..make another one appear..light it...then make the silk change into a giant wand..then take the 2 candles pull a couple silks from them..vanish both and toss the silks into the air and with a flash make a dove appear.

I am thinking I'll need...an appearing cane..appearing Candles...and I know I'll need a dove and some other stuff I don't know if I can post here.

Will anyone be willing to help me?

chris
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Help you?????

Methods? Effects?? Routining???

The routine you suggest sounds good, but "I don't do stage", isn't this routine somewhat ambitious?

Repost and let me know what you are looking for.

(Maybe your inquiry should be reposted at one of the tables dealing with manipulation, silks etc.)

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Chris,

That is hardly what could be described as a stage act. Total time would be 2 minutes, if you really took your time! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Might I suggest that you get the Fitzgee books, and maybe some books on programs of other old time magicians. Look at how an act is developed, what you are trying to sell or do, What you have discribed is very vague but it is definitely not long in performance time. What type of music do you plan to use or is it a talking act? I don't mind offerring some suggestions but need more information to help with.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
A dove should be kept as a pet, and not just for a magic act. I think it is wrong to get doves just for dove magic, you have to care for them like they are pets!

I'm strongly against cruelty to animals, I consider it unfair to the dove.

Just a personal opinion.
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
(as I pet my bunny with a manical smile)
mmmmmmmmwwwwhhahahhahahahhaa

:) sorry couldent resist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Help for Stage act... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL