The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Internet Explorer Help Wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Something recently started happening on my PC that is driving me nuts! Whenever I open Internet Explorer and type in a URL, it opens up another window (not tab). This also happens when I select something under "Favorites". I don't know when it began, but I don't remember changing any settings that would make this happen. I have looked over every setting I can find and haven't found anything that makes a difference.

IE has also slowed to a crawl when opening some additional windows.

I am running Windows XP and IE7.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Go to the bottom left and click on "start". Then select "control panel" and click on "Internet options." The "general" tab should be open and about 1/2 way down you'll see the "tabs" area. Click on "settings" and you'll have various options to configure how IE opens windows for your searches.

Hope this helps. Mark.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I had that happen recently as well. Mine was caused by a faulty keyboard. The clue was that I could not type and I had to unplug the keyboard, plug it in again and reboot to get it to stop the problem. Eventually, over the course of a month, the keyboard would no longer function and I had to replace it. Luckily, keyboards are relatively cheap. The new keyboard solved the problem completely.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Internet Explorer Help Wanted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL