The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Justice? Where is the justice? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
As anyone hip to music knows the greatest band of all time isn't The Rolling Stones or any of those other pretenders, no, it isn't even The Pretenders. The greatest band of all time is, of course, Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show. It has come to my attention these folks are not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, mistakenly located in Cleveland Ohio. You can sign an on line petition to amend this situation at http://www.petitiononline.com/DHRRHN/petition-sign.html and make things right in the world. I'm not kidding.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
After the way they treated my darling daughter? Vote for the Partridge Family.

[signed]
Sylvia's Mother
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
They were very respectful to Sylvia! They just wanted to say....goodbye...goodbye. That phone call cost them like $2.00 and in 1972 that was real money!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
A curse on you both for wedging that insipid song in my head.

Please Mrs. Avery
I just wanna talk to her
I'll only keep her a while

AAAAAAAAAARGGGGGG!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember "The Tom Jones Show" where Tom sang the song and a couple of women acted out the events of the song. Sylvia's mother was talking on the phone and Sylvia, tied up with what looked like the 100 foot rope escape, is trying to get to the phone.

At the end of the song, as the lights came back up, Tom looked at the audience and said; "Was there something going on behind me?"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Justice? Where is the justice? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL