The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Countryman E6 Users (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1081 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Hey guys, I just got this omnidirectinal unit--I'm wondering which protective cap most folks are going with? It came with the +4dB cap already fitted, but I'm thinking for magic purposes which will be used with my Fender Passport, I'll probably be switching out the 4 for the 0dB cap. Any words of experience??

Thanks.

MJ
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
793 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Hi, MJ!
Selection of the best cap for the E6 has nothing to do with the fact that you do magic, or with the PA system you use. Think of the cap as a VERY high EQ control, set at a higher frequency than the high-freq control on a mixer or speaker. It has no direct affect on loudness, and will have minimal affect on feedback, because omni's are more likely to feed back at low frequencies. It's strictly a matter of preference.

Countryman ships it with the +4dB cap, and they suggest that's probably the best starting point. Switching to the 0dB or +8dB cap will offer more or less "sibilance". Basically, that's the "s" & "t" sounds in your voice.

Try the +4db cap, and you'll probably be just fine. If you'd like your "s" & "t" to be slightly more pronounced, switch to the +8dB. If you want them slightly less pronounced, switch to the 0dB.
Cheers!
Dan McLean Jr
www.MagicRoadie.com
"Taking the mystery out of stage technology!"
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1081 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Thanks for the info! The manual I have says that for PA systems to use the flat cap (0dB), but I'll try the 4 first like you advised.

Cheers,

MJ
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Thanks Dan

I often wondered what or how those things work. I know I have never changed them out.

Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Countryman E6 Users (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL