The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Vanishing/Appearing magic wand? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
I don't know how this works, only that they sell refills for it. (!?)
I haven't seen a video demo.

My question is, is the wand itself decent quality, to be used as a general purpose wand? Or should I just shell out for a nice wand?
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
I would just shell out for a decent wand and learn some vanishes and appearances using an ordinary wand...
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
If they sell a refill for it, then I don't think it is the wand you are thinking of - and it cannot be used as a general all purpose wand.
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
Thanks...I'll pass on it.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Sounds like the P-L vanishing wand described in Tarbel V2 p47.
It is a fine trick, I think I saw a clip of Kapps using one.

Yet, as the "refills" imply, it is use once, then pull out the next refill.

As mentioned above, there are other ways to vanish/appear a non-gimmicked wand - check out the Flip-Stick moves. There are also reusable appear(only) or vanish (only) wands
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I once asked a similiar question, and got a simple answer from Pete - FLIP STICK IT. I can only quote this wise and experienced man. Forget the gimmicks.
Cards never lie
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
FLIP STICK.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
There's a relatively inexpensive P & L type vanishing wand and shell(s) set and also matching shells packaged alone that is available from a contemporary supplier.

It's really a pretty good trick that can be presented a couple of different ways: straight vanishing wand, wand to silk, wand to salt/confetti and probably others I haven't imagined...

Julie
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
A less expensive way to explore a variety of wand types is in my Dollar Store article on "Broomstick Witchcraft," on my site. After I ran out of ideas for a Dollar Store Broom, I began cutting up the broomstick into smaller pieces to make canes and wands. You'll find a wide variety of wands described that you can make yourself from inexpensive materials.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
magicden
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
103 Posts

Profile of magicden
Do not buy this effect. I got one from Hocus Pocus, and bought refills as well. But they are useless, as you are supposed to wrap wand in newspaper and then tear, but you would have to be Hercules to tear even the shell on its own. Feel really let down with this, as I will have to make my own shells.
Cheers,
denis

P.S. It's by Empire Magic.
WizardsInn
View Profile
New user
United States
16 Posts

Profile of WizardsInn
Shoot ogawa just produced his new wand DVD.
All you need is just a wooden wand and silk.
I think you might like it!

http://www.holyshoot.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The vanishing wand using shells plays well. However, doing it early in the show and replacing it with a solid wand make a lot of sense. That is the only way I was willing to use it. Now I never use it at all. However, I still think it is good magic. It is just not a good alternative to a regular wand.

Some things in life are illusions. Others are delusions.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Vanishing/Appearing magic wand? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL